The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green needs to stop punishing Pettersson on the third line... put him with Garland and Podkolzin and let them be creative... may save his job.

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It won't matter where Green plays Pettersson so long as Green's here. 

Things won't really have a chance of turning around in any significant way til Green and his staff are gone. 

"We don't know what we are doing!!" Miller in practice ... face palm.   Team needs something to galvanize around - if this is it (Green gone) then so be it. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

"We don't know what we are doing!!" Miller in practice ... face palm.   Team needs something to galvanize around - if this is it (Green gone) then so be it. 

At the very least it'd demonstrate that something is in the process of changing, even if it's just Shaw on an interim head coaching basis

But it'll likely take more than that 

Green was just a slight upgrade from Willy Desjardin. The Canucks need a manager that will not put up with interference from anyone. Then he must hire a coach that really knows how to coach and get the most out of a team. The Canucks have a great goalie and can rebuild from that.

I don’t understand why Green isn’t playing Podkolzin-Pettersson-Garland together more often.  They’ve looked really good the few times they’ve played together.  I recall during the Chicago game, these games absolutely dominated on 1-2 shifts and then Green broke them up again.  Makes no sense.

Miller-Horvat-Boeser

Podkolzin-Pettersson-Garland

Should be your top 6.  If there are legit issues going on between Miller and Horvat, then Green, Benning, and ownership need to meet with those two at the same time, and make sure that they work things out.

7 minutes ago, snucks said:

Green was just a slight upgrade from Willy Desjardin. The Canucks need a manager that will not put up with interference from anyone. Then he must hire a coach that really knows how to coach and get the most out of a team. The Canucks have a great goalie and can rebuild from that.

One of Benning’s faults is that he became too loyal to Green.  Benning should have fired Green and hired Gerard Gallant as soon as Vegas let Gallant go.  

Green needs to stop punishing Pettersson on the third line... put him with Garland and Podkolzin and let them be creative... may save his job.

Pettersson needs to start playing like Pettersson. 

And by the way, a GARLAND - PETTERSSON - PODKILZIN is thing.

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Pettersson needs to start playing like Pettersson. 

And by the way, a GARLAND - PETTERSSON - PODKILZIN is thing.

That line had an expected goals for percentage of only 15% against Pittsburgh and were outshot 6 to 2 according to Natural Stat Trick.  

• Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, mll said:

That line had an expected goals for percentage of only 15% against Pittsburgh and were outshot 6 to 2 according to Natural Stat Trick.  

Didn’t understand the article that reported they were “reuniting” that line…

To me, reuniting something must be because it was together for longer than not.

Putting MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER together would be “reuniting” that line.

11 hours ago, mll said:

Yeah and how did Pettersson and Podz do tonight when Green left them together?

They were the best Canucks line.

That despite having Dowling on their line... who far from being an offensive wizard.

Put someone who can skate and has offensive skills with Pettersson and Podkolzin and you have a weapon.

Right now Garland is not being used well... he is with Horvat/Pearson... which is a grind it out, cycle line.  Garland simply does not have the size to cycle or grind... the guy who should be with Horvat and Pearson is Motte... who is being wasted on the 4th line.  Garland should be with Pettersson and Podz... either him or Hoglander... but Hogs is actually working well with MIller and Boeser.  That line had a decent game too.

On 11/25/2021 at 6:32 AM, ThomasW said:

Pearson is the worst signing just been dead weight for three years now, give him to Calgary, oops they wouldn't touch him

Absolutely.   I advocated for his deportation last year along with the rest of the bottom 6 and he somehow managed to get a contract renewal.    baffling !

By *Buzzsaw*,

Please don't give green any new ideas.  We don't want him here a second more than necessary.  The sooner he's gone - the better !

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Petey is playing like he is entitled. He’s shown nothing to warrant any sort of special treatment from the coaching staff this season. If he was actually working his ass off and, dare I say it, doing the little things well and working hard away from the puck maybe he could be afforded some slack. I’ve 100% been on Petey’s side since the beginning of the season giving him the benefit of the doubt, not having a training camp and such, but now not so much. I think his biggest problem is between his ears and he needs to check his ego at the door and start earning those paycheques. 

• Cheers 1