The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | Sunday, November 28th, 2021 @ 4:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

Does it really mean anything if we win the last two games against teams around us in the standings. I wonder if we end up winning those last two if the ownership gets excited and convinces itself we aren’t that bad. That’s what worries me if they end up winning two in a row against teams at the bottom of the standings. It seems ownership really clings to wins even if they are few and far between.

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Who is our Bur today? We don't have one!

People sometimes forget just how good he was defensively.  Him & Kesler were among the best defensive forwards in the league (didn't hurt they could score goals as well).  Our PK was that good not just because of the coaching but the players had elite type skill in that department.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

my goals for this game aren't so lofty. I'd like to see someone open ice hit the rat, but I'd settle for him being hip checked into his bench.

Why? So we can see the entire Boston team jump our canuck that hit him while  the rest of our guys  skate away?

Not expecting much.  I supported Green and Benning up until  5 games ago - my faith as been shattered. Slow learner  I guess - maybe it comes with age - you kinda  become more tolerant . So disappointed with Brock and Petey and the lack of effort.

I've got nothing nice to say - so I'll quit now and just leave it here

• Cheers 1

As long as the effort is there, I'm still cheering.

I'm still cheering for them anyway, of course, but a poor effort is not good entertainment.

If a guy's banged up or something, ok, but lazy line changes and whippet-assed whiffs backchecking is not.

Everybody's gotta get their nose dirty.

Cheat a bit; hell, they call us anyway.

But care.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Yep and that’s real great for our young guys to be coached by a dead man walking.

Like honestly put him out of his misery. This has gone beyond embarrassing for this team.

9 teams out of 10 would have fired him and made Shaw interim by now.

The decision making this year is head scratching. Benning going free agent crazy looks more like a shot gun tactic. Probably figure he’d hit one one of the signings. But none have looked that great. Bottom 6 is gutted. No leadership. No balance to the line up.

Even look at our baby Canucks. I look at the line up down on the farm and it’s a bunch of AHL vets with our kids shoved down to the bottom lines or sitting. Looks just as cluttered as the big club does.

Shotgun tactics are an act of last defence, the walls are closing in and you fire one last shot to save your life…that’s how this season looks and feels.

To your point, the coaching situation. How can you let your coach hang in there while you are actively looking to replace him. Have some &^@#ing mercy…remove Green and replace him with Shaw while you search. This is so unprofessional. No matter how much I am tired of Green, no one deserves this!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1