The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. If BO doesn’t want to take a team friendly deal and wants #1 centre type money then we should trade him.  Petey won the Calder and is a point a game player. Miller is a 99 point player, plays multiple positions and is a vocal leader of this team. BO is a 2C and should be paid accordingly. 

Ryan Kesler won the Selke trophy and was our best ever 2C. I don’t recall him ever getting the same money as the Sedins. 

Agreed. Love Horvat but end of the day I prefer Petey at C over wing and because I feel Petey will be a guy who in his prime could very likely put up 45 goals and 100+ points.

Because of that Horvat, for me is the 3rd most important C and he needs to be paid accordingly. 7 ×8, puts him a bit above RNH and on par with Landy, two fair comparables IMHO. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, EB43 said:

I’m hearing reports that Bo wants to play closer to home and in an Ontario market.. word is he would like to be traded to an Ontario team, his wife likes Ontario. Bo to Ontario E5, let’s discuss this for 1200 pages.

Quoting myself. 1200 pages or bust.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. If BO doesn’t want to take a team friendly deal and wants #1 centre type money then we should trade him.  Petey won the Calder and is a point a game player. Miller is a 99 point player, plays multiple positions and is a vocal leader of this team. BO is a 2C and should be paid accordingly. 

Ryan Kesler won the Selke trophy and was our best ever 2C. I don’t recall him ever getting the same money as the Sedins. 

The problem is that many have become emotionally attached to Bo as he was the 'go to guy' for many of the lean years. Moving forward though, we have two centers who bring more offense and Miller who brings leadership qualities not seen in years.

Now that Miller is signed, his importance has lessened, but many on here will not accept that.

I think its a good problem to have though, we have the ability to see if Bo is willing to take less to win a championship. If not, then I guess he is not a  good fit for the team moving forward anyway.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The problem is that many have become emotionally attached to Bo as he was the 'go to guy' for many of the lean years. Moving forward though, we have two centers who bring more offense and Miller who brings leadership qualities not seen in years.

Now that Miller is signed, his importance has lessened, but many on here will not accept that.

I think its a good problem to have though, we have the ability to see if Bo is willing to take less to win a championship. If not, then I guess he is not a  good fit for the team moving forward anyway.

I absolutely disagree. Bo's faceoff prowess alone makes him indispensable. He is the player every winning team has. Having him on the team also allows options for JT and EP on the wing if need be. I'm guessing he's more apt to sign for less now that JT is here for the long run. It takes a lot of pressure of Bo and rounds out the top six nicely. Bo stays on an expensive, but responsible contract IMHO. 

Edited by rekker
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, rekker said:

I absolutely disagree. Bo's faceoff prowess alone makes him indispensable. He is the player every winning team has. Having him on the team also allows options for JT and EP on the wing if need be. I'm guessing he's more apt to sign for less now that JT is here for the long run. It takes a lot of pressure of Bo and rounds out the top six nicely. Bo stays on an expensive, but responsible contract IMHO. 

I think what you describe are "nice to have's" but are we willing to pay top dollar for that? He is definitely a player that has value but at what cost? Miller and Petey are being paid as top centers so can we afford to pay Bo the same? 

I did mention in another post that a lot depends on whether Petey is ready to take on a regular role as a Center or not. His face off ability was questionable last we checked.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think what you describe are "nice to have's" but are we willing to pay top dollar for that? He is definitely a player that has value but at what cost? Miller and Petey are being paid as top centers so can we afford to pay Bo the same? 

I did mention in another post that a lot depends on whether Petey is ready to take on a regular role as a Center or not. His face off ability was questionable last we checked.

Agreed, cost for Bo is the million dollar question for sure. Center depth, goaltending, at least two top end D, probably three. That's the recipe for success. Have to find a way to keep Bo imho.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gurn said:

He'll get over $7 per, but hopefully no more than 7.5. imo.

Can't sign Horvat over 7 million -- Tops AAV 6.6 million X 7 years...

Don't want to trade Horvat very valuable player complete game should always get GP 75 - G 25--28 -- PTS 50--56

Great all around solid 200 foot game and the captain.. Teams need Horvats to win cups that valuable..

Need to keep cap in line...

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Agreed, cost for Bo is the million dollar question for sure. Center depth, goaltending, at least two top end D, probably three. That's the recipe for success. Have to find a way to keep Bo imho.

It has always been the “cost”.  Just like it was for Miller.

Boeser got a bridge $6.65 x 3yrs.  Miller got $8M x 7yrs.  So somewhere in between lies Bo next contract.

Like I (and many others) have said…around $7M x 8yrs seems fair.

• Cheers 3

On 9/3/2022 at 5:19 PM, Sophomore Jinx said:

I always thought that if Millsy was signed, it would have been in the 8ish category. I'd be shocked if Bo signed here for anything less than 50-52M total. 

I see bo at 7 yrs 

At 52 million also.. why would he sign for any less.

10 hours ago, rekker said:

So many people saying, "well, Petey and Miller put up more points." We can't ignore the defensive heavy lifting Bo does, particularly the load of faceoffs he handles. Sure, offence drives the biggest contracts, but Bo puts up his fair share and gives the others more offensive opportunities. Someone mentioned Kesler, and that's fair, but it may not put him second tier as much as people think.

10 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I'd put them as more than nice to have's but rather essential parts of our team. If we moved Bo, we'd have a big hole to be filled. It might be possible to fill it with a Malhotra-type on the third/bottom six, but then we would for sure be splitting Petey and Miller up full time. If we keep him, it will definitely be tricky to fill the gaps throughout the lineup, but I think we're in a better spot if we do.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1