The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

44 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Uh huh, I've heard that before. 

They report what they hear from their agent sources. They shift be written off so quickly. 

dhaliwal has no agent sources because.his loose lips sunk his ship. his own broadcast partner laughs on air at the nonsense he fabricates. 

drance is even worse. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, tas said:

dhaliwal has no agent sources because.his loose lips sunk his ship. his own broadcast partner laughs on air at the nonsense he fabricates. 

drance is even worse. 

My farts smell better than Dhaliwal’s breath. He’s a joke that constantly just talks sh!t. Listening to him is like listening to a drunk at the bar make small talk. actually it’s worse because his depth of insight is no greater than basic fan comprehension, yet he still gets paid to do it.

all respect to Don Taylor but Dhali really offers nothing. 

• Vintage 1

On 8/26/2022 at 3:21 PM, tas said:

dhaliwal and drance are sources of nothing but hogwash. 

Most reporters are that are on daily.Yes they know stuff but also mostly guess.They are no better then the average fan who follows a team.Hey let's all make a radio station,LOL

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Most reporters are that are on daily.Yes they know stuff but also mostly guess.They are no better then the average fan who follows a team.Hey let's all make a radio station,LOL

same reason I refuse to read anyhing that comes from canucks army (etc), they have nothing to contribute that a knowledgable fan isn't already aware of. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Horvat is not being traded. 

/thread. 

Yeah. I cannot see how Bo's getting traded. He's captain, JR has gone on air saying that he likes him. 

But I am curious as to why it's taken so long to get Horvat signed. Is management waiting on Miller before signing Bo? Like I'm not sure that's fair, given that both are on the verge of hitting UFA status at the same time next off-season. They cannot go into the season with TWO contractual distractions - this makes little to no sense. 

• Cheers 2

On 8/27/2022 at 4:58 AM, SilentSam said:

Not sure what this article adds at all.   The line combos are all available, and with two coaches it was a total blender.   One thing that stood out the most was Hogs EP Podz.   They played only 60 minutes together, 3rd line minutes, but guess what?   Over four goals scored by them, for ever one goal allowed.    Maybe Bruce rolls 3 lines, but just as likely EP or Miller also play the left side.   The only thing i agree about, is that IF a they roll 3 lines (entirely possible), and we are winning, not one guys is going to care much about their personal stats. 

Plus all 3 are permanent fixtures on the PP unit which isn't likely going to change.   Not when under Bruce overall 26.9%, and the last 20 or so games over 30% ...  

This is likely EPs last years with Miller insulating him.   Which for sure he has (same with Horvat to a degree, taking on tougher assignments at home at least).   It also limited injuries ... and EP is injury prone, not as durable as either Miller or Horvat.     Might as well enjoy it while it's still here.   Bruce was correct is saying you can't find a team in this league with 3 centers in the top 25 ... 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I cannot see how Bo's getting traded. He's captain, JR has gone on air saying that he likes him. 

But I am curious as to why it's taken so long to get Horvat signed. Is management waiting on Miller before signing Bo? Like I'm not sure that's fair, given that both are on the verge of hitting UFA status at the same time next off-season. They cannot go into the season with TWO contractual distractions - this makes little to no sense. 

JR/Allvin said they will have Horvat signed before the year starts.   It is getting to the point where it's becoming curious why that hasn't happened yet.  

If he's not re-signed before the season to me that's an indication something might be up.   And wonder if they circle back to Miller.   Hope both Miller and Horvat are being reasonable about things.   Horvat 6.5-7 is palatable on an 7-8 year deal.   With better wingers i'm pretty sure he's good for 55-60 points over the next four years or so, while of course, being a face off ace plus special team regular.    Can't seeing his value being worth more then that.    He's earned a legacy deal, but he also needs to be realistic - cap won't go up until his first year is done.    He was scoring at a torrid pace down the stretch.   More then EP actually.    Does he think he can score 40?   That would bump his pay.  

They could circle back to Miller i suppose but i'm not so sure Miller would be a very good bottom six guy when he's forced down eventually - where as i'm certain that Horvat is.    At 8.5-9 ... compared to 6.5-7 ... plus a couple extra years of prime play i know which one i'd re-sign if given a choice.    Add a clause too if we need too.   As Alf says - get er done JR! 

• Vintage 1

21 hours ago, IBatch said:

JR/Allvin said they will have Horvat signed before the year starts.   It is getting to the point where it's becoming curious why that hasn't happened yet.  

If he's not re-signed before the season to me that's an indication something might be up.   And wonder if they circle back to Miller.   Hope both Miller and Horvat are being reasonable about things.   Horvat 6.5-7 is palatable on an 7-8 year deal.   With better wingers i'm pretty sure he's good for 55-60 points over the next four years or so, while of course, being a face off ace plus special team regular.    Can't seeing his value being worth more then that.    He's earned a legacy deal, but he also needs to be realistic - cap won't go up until his first year is done.    He was scoring at a torrid pace down the stretch.   More then EP actually.    Does he think he can score 40?   That would bump his pay.  

They could circle back to Miller i suppose but i'm not so sure Miller would be a very good bottom six guy when he's forced down eventually - where as i'm certain that Horvat is.    At 8.5-9 ... compared to 6.5-7 ... plus a couple extra years of prime play i know which one i'd re-sign if given a choice.    Add a clause too if we need too.   As Alf says - get er done JR! 

Makes a lot of sense. I like Bo, and I think he has earned himself a legacy contract. I hope management is working hard behind the scenes to get a deal done with Horvat. If it's not done before the start of the season, I would also be worried about maybe their relationship between the two. 

8 minutes ago, combover said:

What to do with horvat if not resigned by the deadline? 

For me 
he’s gotta be traded we can’t risk losing  assets for nothing regardless of the playoff implications. 

I prefer we re-sign him and trade away a winger.  Could use some younger FWD not on the roster step up. If Pod/Hog have a breakout year they're gonna command top 9 money likely too.

Hoping some of Lekkerimaki/Karlson/Klimo can step up in the next 2-3 years after Pod/Hog are out of their ELCs.

• Cheers 1