The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senators | 4:30 Pacific on SN "Hey, they actually won last game" Edition

Rate this topic

MattJVD

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I remember Elliotte Friedman said something like this year's back and was faced with a lot of backlash. Agreed with it then and agree with it now. Will be interesting to see if something comes out of it this time around.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Aquaman might be replaced by another Aquaman. That being said, Green shouldn't be lead on like this like a man walking to the gallows for weeks. Benning should be fired first, as his choices have made this team what it is. 

Sure if Jason Momoa comes up with the cash to buy the team.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

It’s unfortunate for Norris but you just know that guys like Thomas Drance are going to use this as an excuse for the Senators losing tonight’s game if the Canucks manage to win tonight.  

No they won’t. Honestly, this is a despicable statement to make with no actual basis in fact about Drance or anyone else to back it up. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Gaudette couldn't light up a flashlight with fresh batteries and a new bulb.  His college experience did not transfer to the NHL.  He should focus his game on being a Motte type player, an indispensable defender who pots the odd goal.  He's a good enough skater, and he's smart enough to do what Motte does, the challenge is the desire. 

I don’t disagree. But wouldn’t it feel very Canucks like for Gaudette to light us up?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Fire those damn clowns in the media. Sad thing is no measure to keep them in check.

It's the same in every country, every city, and not just sports. Media spits out a lot of garbage and lies but nothing can be done.

The only thing we can do is be selective as a consumer and not listen to or read some of the people that are known to spit out garbage and are unnecessarily negative.

23 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Is there a market anywhere in the world, in any sport, that mostly reports positive stories? If there is, I don’t have any knowledge of it. Unless you work in VanCity Buzz’s feel-good section, that’s not really the media’s job description.

Players need to stop blaming the media for their own shortcomings IMO. 

the media's job is to report the facts without putting their own feelings into it. they fail universally. 

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

For all of those fans who say " Tanking is for losers" .

I would say that not taking time to build a real team and icing what we see right now is far worse.  They seem to be happy with never building a team that could compete for a cup.

I think that those who follow that kind of mind set are the true losers. You are willing to except years and years of mediocracy.

What are you talking about? We tanked. 

Since making the playoffs in 2015, we were in the bottom 5 in the standings for how many years? We just didn't win the lottery in 2016 and 2017, 2018 were the years when we didn't need to win the lottery to pick a top 3 players. 

We suck now because the roster lost balance and PK. Two veteran defencemen that handled the heavy minutes are gone. Workhorse goalie (Marky) is gone. A goal scorer like Toffoli is gone. We didn't replace veteran guys that handled tough minutes like the PK, defensive assignments like locking things down in the third. And we have zero size and very little physicality.

16 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

No they won’t. Honestly, this is a despicable statement to make with no actual basis in fact about Drance or anyone else to back it up. 

1) He made up the lockerroom rift rumors between Miller and Horvat.

2) A few years back, he completely fabricated a story that Benning wanted Cody Glass over Pettersson at the 2017 draft.

1 minute ago, khay said:

What are you talking about? We tanked. 

Since making the playoffs in 2015, we were in the bottom 5 in the standings for how many years? We just didn't win the lottery in 2016 and 2017, 2018 were the years when we didn't need to win the lottery to pick a top 3 players. 

We suck now because the roster lost balance and PK. Two veteran defencemen that handled the heavy minutes are gone. Workhorse goalie (Marky) is gone. A goal scorer like Toffoli is gone. We didn't replace veteran guys that handled tough minutes like the PK, defensive assignments like locking things down in the third. And we have zero size and very little physicality.

Zero size?

giphy.gif

Little physicality?

CPT131541465.jpg

There's enough on defense, it's the forward corps that lacks that specific personnel.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, khay said:

Fire those damn clowns in the media. Sad thing is no measure to keep them in check.

It's the same in every country, every city, and not just sports. Media spits out a lot of garbage and lies but nothing can be done.

The only thing we can do is be selective as a consumer and not listen to or read some of the people that are known to spit out garbage and are unnecessarily negative.

are you kidding, the "fans" make the media look like rainbows and unicorns.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I find it amusing how some here are calling out the toxic media when they parrot exactly what the media wants them to say on a regular basis on these boards

For me, if the team is playing bad call them out on it. I have no problem with that. What i do have a problem with, is the tmz bull$&!# stories with no truth or merit to them. That's what i believe Kevin Epp was trying to say. 

• Like 1