The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 06, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There it is.

If other top D around the league play PK so can Hughes. If Makar can do it so can Hughes. 

Pettersson's got the hockey sense for it. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Boudreau also went on to say Hughes will get PK time tomorrow night and so will Boeser eventually.

Boeser, like Pettersson, ain't exactly a speedster, but he's a smart player. Should be interesting.

Edited by Coconuts

I know it's only been one game with Boudreau as coach, but he also brought Walker with him, so I'm sensing the PK will also start to improve a lot. Shaw should now have control of the D, with Bumgardener gone.

Boudreau simplifies everything and I love that he wants to be aggressive, with the puck and forechecking. The Canucks have good players built for this - Miller, Horvat, Podkolzin, Garland, Motte, Hoglander.  I wonder how Boudreau feels about the drop pass?

I'm curious to see if he tweaks the lines, puts his stamp on things.  Will Smyl do something to improve the D? 

This has ben a crazy season so far, and could be crazier when the Canucks get on a winning streak and start putting pressure on teams for that last playoff spot. 

Edited by NUCKER67

Best part of last night was:

1 After the first Canuck goal they didn't sit back

2 After the second Canuck goal they didn't sit back

3 After the third  Canuck they didn't sit back

4 After the fourth Canuck goal they didn't sit back.

Trending well.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Didn't tweet how grateful he was to both Travis Green and "Bomber" coming in as a 19 year old kid from Michigan, and getting instant trust to go out there and do it.   Part of the video.   Suppose that's why social media is so amazing though.  Pick one thing for one narrative and ignore the rest.   I'm happy we have change.   Let's see what Bruce can do. 

Who are you arguing with?

Edited by kanucks25

30 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Luke Schenn, Travis Hamonic

We definitely need Myers to play like he is 6ft 7inches and we need a few more tough players. You can see the other teams taking advantage of Pete, Hughes, and some of the smaller guys on our team. It sucked when we put Zack MacEwen on waivers just when he had an awesome TKO with the other Zack Kassian!! 

Let's hope Smyl can help address this as he used to play hard and tough and hits every shift back in the 80's. 

36 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Luke Schenn, Travis Hamonic

That's nice, but we need some forwards that can drop the mitts, or at least instill some fear into opponents and keep them honest. The D are  often too removed from dust ups and not as easy for them to skate out of position to hammer a guy.

• Like 2