Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Stan Smyl as vice president of hockey operations

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Front office getting better every week. 

Stop need a capologist. 

GM is the last major piece left. 

I wonder if there was someone working under Gear that is doing this for us right now?

I'd like to see two more AGMs, one focused on cap issues and another on amateur scouting, to give the next GM the best chance at info gathering. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I wonder if there was someone working under Gear that is doing this for us right now?

I'd like to see two more AGMs, one focused on cap issues and another on amateur scouting, to give the next GM the best chance at info gathering. 

That was a typo, I meant still need a capologist. 

Good position, he's not ready to be a President or GM just yet, Rutherford will groom him and hopefully find us a savvy, well respected and experienced GM who will have to get to work right away to patch up this defence which is half AHLers.

I wonder what their plan for the Sedins would be, I'd be thinking more Presidential roles in the future rather than a GM.

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Good position, he's not ready to be a President or GM just yet, Rutherford will groom him and hopefully find us a savvy, well respected and experienced GM who will have to get to work right away to patch up this defence which is half AHLers.

I wonder what their plan for the Sedins would be, I'd be thinking more Presidential roles in the future rather than a GM.

2 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Do you realize how old Stan Smyl is? There is no grooming going on. This role is a gift to Stan for his dedication to the team.

Rutherford is 9 years older and was just hired for 3 years. I could see Smyl taking over after Rutherford and eventually someone else afterwards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Rutherford is 9 years older and was just hired for 3 years. I could see Smyl taking over after Rutherford and eventually someone else afterwards.

I could see this also, it would allow the Sedins to slowly learn the business side of the NHL and truly see if that is something they want to dive into full time and all the fun and stress that new role will bring like being Co Presidents of Hockey Ops

14 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I could see this also, it would allow the Sedins to slowly learn the business side of the NHL and truly see if that is something they want to dive into full time and all the fun and stress that new role will bring like being Co Presidents of Hockey Ops

why do the Sedins always have top be co- everything

I get they played well together but this is just getting weird

On 12/17/2021 at 8:13 PM, Canuckster86 said:

I actually often wonder if it irritates the Sedins that they are never treated or seen as individuals, especially now that they are on the business side of things.