The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks trying to trade Halak

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

How many goalies are going to be able to give them a chance to win behind their AHL blueline?  Halak is by far their best chance at the playoffs, and any deal with them should hurt them badly.  I'd maybe consider Holloway but then they can't get under the cap.

Halak won only 1 game for the Canucks and has played in 8.  

1 minute ago, mll said:

He has not lost in regulation since we removed Green and Baumgartner from the equation.  Patrick Roy in his prime would struggle playing behind a system coached by those 2 morons.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

He has not lost in regulation since we removed Green and Baumgartner from the equation.  Patrick Roy in his prime would struggle playing behind a system coached by those 2 morons.

How good do you think is Edmonton's defence.  

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Patrick Roy in his prime would be going ape$&!# if he was playing on the Canucks in October/November.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

To be fair that isn't as much his fault because of that. The amount of running support he has gotten has been pretty nil during most of those games.

I know but would he get much better support in Edmonton.

1 minute ago, mll said:

I know but would he get much better support in Edmonton.

Well you got me there. Look at Koskinen's comments. He's been getting the same sort of support right now.

Koskinen hasn't really been great either. IMO EDM needs a couple stable goalies so maybe they get desperate. Halak has played better IMO.

Moot point though because Halak has all the say.

I wonder why they won't give Skinner a shot, does it have to do with roster implications? They sent him back down when Smith returned. He was putting up better numbers and has a 4-5 record. He seems to be their goalie of the future.

If I have learned anything about these "rumor" threads it is that 99% of the time they are more speculation because some guy came out and said "Canucks should move Halak to avoid his bonuses" then armchair GMs everywhere lost their marbles about the cap hit it'll get next season. Besides, what a great message that'd send to guys that may sign here. "Yeah we trade players that may reach the player bonuses we gave them." Who are we, Eugene Melnyk?

Also, Halak has a NMC.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Well you got me there. Look at Koskinen's comments. He's been getting the same sort of support right now.

Koskinen hasn't really been great either. IMO EDM needs a couple stable goalies so maybe they get desperate. Halak has played better IMO.

Moot point though because Halak has all the say.

I wonder why they won't give Skinner a shot, does it have to do with roster implications? They sent him back down when Smith returned. He was putting up better numbers and has a 4-5 record. He seems to be their goalie of the future.

They should just waive Koskinen, no one will claim him but should clear Skinner's ELC cap hit so he could play. Coach Tippett doesn't want to go with a rookie maybe?

Would take an overpayment for me to trade Halak to the Coilers, we are trying to take their playoff spot. Trading Halak gives them a good G who could prevent us from possibly making the post season.

Trade Halak to Colorado or another team in a different conference. Coiler should see if they can get Ullmark from Boston, if Rask is going to be back on the cheap and they believe in Swayman move Ullmark for a decent return from Edm...1st plus if they take Koskinen back to bury in the minors as part of the deal

12 hours ago, mll said:

Out of goalies that have played at least 8 games this season Halak is 22nd in sv% (.915) and 20th in GAA (2.59 GAA). These numbers despite playing 3/4's of those games behind baumers tire fire defense. To even insinuate that halak is to blame for those 7 losses would be preposterous. 

39 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Out of goalies that have played at least 8 games this season Halak is 22nd in sv% (.915) and 20th in GAA (2.59 GAA). These numbers despite playing 3/4's of those games behind baumers tire fire defense. To even insinuate that halak is to blame for those 7 losses would be preposterous. 

I think your key is his save % which is more than decent. Add Halak's history of playing big in playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

What about Halak to Edmonton for a top 9 forward. I feel like Jesse Puljujarvi or Yamamoto would be a nice addition to top three lines. 

lol u can keep dreaming.. you can sit halak u can bench halak u can do whatever the hell u want to force him to waive. he ain't waiving to go to edmonton. we have 7 back to back remaining in the season.. barring an injury or covid related issues he's gonna hit his bonus 1 way or another. unless the canucks plan on doing what some idiot suggested sit/bench him to spite him of his bonus. if halak wanted to be a starter or wanted a legitimate shot to be a starter he wouldn't have signed in vancouver. 

2 hours ago, Bertorama said:

What about Halak to Edmonton for a top 9 forward. I feel like Jesse Puljujarvi or Yamamoto would be a nice addition to top three lines. 

You don't get either player for Halak

If Edmonton dangles either of those players it'll be for D

They're honestly better off trying to get Fluery out of Chicago