The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Motte drawing interest

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It's clear you missed the meaning behind my question. 

Oh... you were eluding to last years shortened season and this years season that is only 2/3's completed...112 games to be exact.:frantic:

Still trying to figure out how a player who is 7th in ice time amongst forwards and has scored 17 goals in his last 82 games is "a great 4th liner but not a great 3rd liner".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

Oh... you were eluding to last years shortened season and this years season that is only 2/3's completed...112 games to be exact.:frantic:

Still trying to figure out how a player who is 7th in ice time amongst forwards and has scored 17 goals in his last 82 games is "a great 4th liner but not a great 3rd liner".

He's a Ufa, has a history of injuries, could garner a pick, save some cap, and apparently wants more than we can afford. All of these trade talks have centered around cap relief, and his contract is the most likely to be dealt. He's not your typical 4th liner, he's fantastic, but we can't afford to pay him like a 3rd liner.

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

Lammikko seems to be the guy if Motte ends up going somewhere else. Brandon Sutter after getting back to health could be the 3rd wheel for that line. I'm not worried if we lose Motte at deadline.

Sutter is in bad shape. Covid got him good and seems to not be able to get passed his woes.

Word is, he’s retiring.

9 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Sutter is in bad shape. Covid got him good and seems to not be able to get passed his woes.

Word is, he’s retiring.

And yet he is skating with these guys

Tweet from Farhan- today.

Pettersson, Dickinson, Sutter, Burroughs, Keeper all skating today at 10:30 local time, according to Bruce Boudreau. He’ll know more on their status at noon. Coming up today on

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If Sutts does come back I hope fans give him a bit of an ovation for his ordeals. 

Absolutely! Well deserved.

I'd just temper expectation about his durability going forward if he rejoins this team.

He'd be great defensive depth help, especially on the draws, but he's going to need to be replaced in that capacity much sooner than later.

44 minutes ago, gurn said:

And yet he is skating with these guys

Tweet from Farhan- today.

Pettersson, Dickinson, Sutter, Burroughs, Keeper all skating today at 10:30 local time, according to Bruce Boudreau. He’ll know more on their status at noon. Coming up today on

Oh good. Thanks Gurn.

• Cheers 1

If we can't afford to keep Motte and they end up trading him, what about this trade?

Motte

to Carolina for

Scott Morrow- 6'2 195lbs RHD drafted 40th overall in 2021 by Carolina

Or

Ryan Suzuki- 6' 176lb left shot C prospect who is 20. Brother of Nick Suzuki in Montreal, was selected 28th overall in 2019 by them

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Sativika said:

Lammikko seems to be the guy if Motte ends up going somewhere else. Brandon Sutter after getting back to health could be the 3rd wheel for that line. I'm not worried if we lose Motte at deadline.

Is Sutter coming back?  If he is, can a long hauler come back in his 30s to play NHL calibre hockey?  Tough to really see good odds here but I hope he does make it back in a meaningful way.  The PK could really use him.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer

3 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Is Sutter coming back?  If he is, can a long hauler come back in his 30s to play NHL calibre hockey?  Tough to really see good odds here but I hope he does make it back in a meaningful way.  The PK could really use him.

Sutter was ragged on because he never lived up to the hype. But he excelled at a bottom 6 center - even in the later years when his production suffered and he wasn't worth the salary. 

I imagine he could still play after shaking the rust.

IF he could play. But sadly, he's an example of Covid leaving real lasting effects. On an athlete. Think of what it's doing to the rest of us lazy out of shape gents.

8 hours ago, kloubek said:

Sutter was ragged on because he never lived up to the hype. But he excelled at a bottom 6 center - even in the later years when his production suffered and he wasn't worth the salary. 

I imagine he could still play after shaking the rust.

IF he could play. But sadly, he's an example of Covid leaving real lasting effects. On an athlete. Think of what it's doing to the rest of us lazy out of shape gents.

To be fair, that was a combination of poorly communicated (Benning) and poorly understood (fans/media) "hype".

I think Sutter very much was a solid 3rd line, do everything C who could pitch in complimentary offense, occasionally fill in on the second line, play D/PK, shelter kids etc and was a major "culture carrier" (the exact type we likely missed, earlier this year).

Sounds pretty "foundational" to me, but it's certainly no star, or even a bonafide top 6 guy.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

You get your RHD Prospect for him at the deadline. 

Love Motte, but he's not likely returning a top 4 capable, young RHD, unless we massively fluke out/get a 2nd/3rd pick back that flukes in to one.