The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

Just now, stawns said:

I don't watch them much, but I've followed zacha a bit since he was drafted.  To be clear, no way would I trade either of Garland or Boes straight up for Zacha, NJ would have to sweeten it significantly.  I do know the Canucks need a 2/3 C and Zacha fits that role right now and if he can take the next step, he might take off.  

I'm not saying Zacha is the player I would target, but if this is where management is looking I don't think it's a terrible fit.  Again, there'd have to be a significant prospect or pick coming back to the Nucks, especially if it's Garland

I'd be willing to take a flyer on him. But I would want the cost to be low, or him as the sweetener in a bigger trade. I get serious Jake vibes from their fans.

Just now, Shayster007 said:

I'd be willing to take a flyer on him. But I would want the cost to be low, or him as the sweetener in a bigger trade. I get serious Jake vibes from their fans.

well, I didn't really have an issue with Virtanen, it was more of a Green mismanagement issue for me.

• Upvote 2

Some of the posts in this thread are nuts.

If we're not getting a significant piece with Zacha for Boeser or Garland we say no (and prospects like Smith or Bahl do not move the needle).

Let's not turn this into another Gudbranson situation where we overpay for draft potential and size.

Zacha is in the Pearson category of decent player but frustrates you more often than he pleases you and you wouldn't really miss him if he was gone. A player like this we should get on the cheap or walk away from the negotiating table.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I value Garland more because of contract issue. 

It is close for me though. 

I'd rather do Boeser for Zacha +2nd  for Boeser over similar deal for Garland 

I'd prefer and almost ready prospect than a pick, unless it's a first. I'm just not sure they have anything the Canucks need.  I'd say Holtz is, obviously, untouchable.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Question

Who do you guys value more. Boeser or Garland.

Boeser includes his 7.5 mill QO. Garland includes his 5mill 5 year contract.  

Garland right now. Brock is just so streaky but when he turns it on he’s first line level. 7.5 m QO also definitely affects my bias. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd prefer and almost ready prospect than a pick, unless it's a first. I'm just not sure they have anything the Canucks need.  I'd say Holtz is, obviously, untouchable.

We're not getting NJD 1st. Out of question.

They are bottom team next 2 seasons.. but rebuild is looking promising. Imo

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I value Garland more because of contract issue. 

It is close for me though. 

I'd rather do Boeser for Zacha +2nd  for Boeser over similar deal for Garland 

Wait... didn't you say we would have to add to Garland to get Zacha?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

weren't you offering up garland straight up like an hour ago?:lol:

at least be consistent lol

No no... they would want more

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I would do Garland for Zacha. NJD will want more. Why would they trade a bigger guy for a smaller guy with similar offensive output. 

Django Unchained Leonardo GIF

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

For anyone old enough to remember.

Zacha reminds me of Hanzal.  Same big body, same skating, same potential same unwillingness to use that size.  Hanzals claim to fame was essentially taking out the twins in one game.

But otherwise effective 3rd line C to an extent for a few years in his career not much more

I member!

Edited by hammertime