The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tyler Motte to Rangers for 2023 4th-round pick

7 minutes ago, AV. said:

This is legitimately hilarious.  Bunch of boomers losing their $&!# over some guy that could be replaced in an instant.

We had a very effective fourth line.  They gave it away for free.  Replace Motte in an instant please.  

• Cheers 2

Makes sense to me and glad we got something, all things considered.

Love Motte - an impact player when healthy and a gamebreaker in the bubble. If his quality of play priced him off this team I'm glad we got a 4th rather than nothing. A 4th could be a sweetener on an off season deal we may make.

Stings though! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, JM_ said:

they saved money on the bottom pairing

they didn't overpay for a 4th liner

whats hard to understand? 

I know right they are doing the opposite of what Benning has done, guys like motte aren’t hard to find and are not worth 2+ a season. It was reported the other day that they told motte take the final offer or be traded, giving guys like him bad contracts is what got this team into this cap mess in the first place

• Vintage 2

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it but life is not fair and being a Canuck fan, is part of the struggle. Atleast, the Canucks are doing better than our expansion cousin; but there crop of young players and there lower standing, might net them another good pick.  Ofcourse, the cap and there mediocrity will cause most of those players to re-gress.

You mean the same expansion cousins that probably delivered the potentially fatal playoff wound just a mere few hours ago in OT to boot? :P

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Why are a lot of your posts talking about the fan base?

I think we did the right things this TDL.

He’s a scoresheet “fan” troll, with no concept of how the game actually plays out on ice. 

Also funny seeing guys who shat on JB for losing trades praise new management for an underwhelming return. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He's a 4th line rental. If we step back from our Canucks lens we'd all see that we value Motte as fans more than the league does. Plus, as others have mentioned, other deals done earlier lowered his value even more. 

Yah I knew that this was his value.  I'd rather him walk though.  It's so stupid that people were so badly wanting to get rid of Motte.  WELL THIS IS WHAT YOU GET TURDS!!!

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

If you're gonna trade Motte for a 4th, at least do it with someone below us in the standings.

Rangers have lots of capital.

Or trade him to a contender for a chance at a ring to buy yourself some loyalty when he’s able to sign anywhere.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bell said:

We had a very effective fourth line.  They gave it away for free.  Replace Motte in an instant please.  

How about we worry about making an effective 1st line, 2nd line, and 3rd line.  Sounds good?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I know right they are doing the opposite of what Benning has done, guys like motte aren’t hard to find and are not worth 2+ a season. It was reported the other day that they told motte take the final offer or be traded, giving guys like him bad contracts is what got this team into this cap mess in the first place

thats it. Overpaying Motte is the wrong thing to do. I wonder how many of the people upset were also pissed at the Dickinson and Beagle deals, because thats what we didn't do today. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Yah I knew that this was his value.  I'd rather him walk though.  It's so stupid that people were so badly wanting to get rid of Motte.  WELL THIS IS WHAT YOU GET TURDS!!!

How can you rather have him walk as opposed to getting a pick? That makes zero sense.

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So the 2021-22 TDL results (as of 11:59am):

Out:  Hamonic, Motte

In:  Dermott, Richardson

Pathetic lol. Not surprising though based on the kinds of trade this group made back in Pittsburgh. And this entire board was literally bowing down to the feet of JR and Allvin before they'd done a single thing. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So we're keeping Dickinson, Chiasson, Highmore... so many plugs could go instead. 

Fksakes. 

Why wouldn’t we keep Highmore? Who else is going to bring what he does under a million 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1