The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

If Stars and Kings lose tonight in regulation, and we win against the Stars on Monday, in regulation, followed by a win on Tuesday, and another loss from Vegas, we will be in a playoff spot by Tuesday night :towel:

Stars losing tonight (I doubt it since it’s the Sharks) and us winning in regulation against them on Monday sets us up where we can be within 1 point of them for that last wild card spot as the back up entry to the playoffs. The teams were truly chasing are Kings and Vegas. 

Let’s get this $&!# going

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Shut out by Mike Smith and gave up 4 without McJesus or Leon factoring in. The Golden Refs even tried to help them out in the third period and all they could accomplish was giving up a shorty. 

The magnitude of that failure by Vegas cannot be overstated. 

At least the Oilers understood the importance of this game for them unlike the Flames.

Last thing they want is a healthy Vegas team sneaking into that third spot. 

Glad they took care of business.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

If Stars and Kings lose tonight in regulation, and we win against the Stars on Monday, in regulation, followed by a win on Tuesday, and another loss from Vegas, we will be in a playoff spot by Tuesday night :towel:

Stars losing tonight (I doubt it since it’s the Sharks) and us winning in regulation against them on Monday sets us up where we can be within 1 point of them for that last wild card spot as the back up entry to the playoffs. The teams were truly chasing are Kings and Vegas. 

Let’s get this $&!# going

God do we need Pearson back with Bo out now.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep need Pearson for those board battles.

All hands on deck.

This is a war. 

(Apologies to Europe.)

A Sports War.

(Also, longest drag out PGT?)

Vegas lost.

LA could lose to Columbus tonight.

Good results (hopefully) continue while our troops rest.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

I wonder if Vegas misses the playoffs. Do they fire their GM?

Going after a 10 million dollar player in Eichel, then missing the playoffs their owner would be furious.

I can't think of any other team I would rather see miss the playoffs.  Bettman's gifted babies with

their carefully inflated salary cap failing to even get a sniff of the 1st round would be refreshing.

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I can't think of any other team I would rather see miss the playoffs.  Bettman's gifted babies with

their carefully inflated salary cap failing to even get a sniff of the 1st round would be refreshing.

Toronto for me. I have a secret crush on Vegas.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, stawns said:

If he hits 100 points, you think he's going to be asking in the $9m's anymore?  If he does, it'll be high 9's

Would never sign Miller for over 8 million at 30 yrs old.... Miller is a  68--74 point guy having a exceptional season this year.. Things have gone great..

Points will drop off even next season...Miller is a 70---76 point guy.. Never sign Miller to 6 yr contract at 30 years old...

Look at last 4 years, at 29 old going on 30 years  next summer do not want to get locked into big contract..6 yrs X 8 million? NO NO NO

2018-19 GP 75 - G 13-- PTS 47

2019-20 GP 69 - G - 27 - PTS  72

2020 -21 GP- 53- G -15 - PTS. 46

2021-22 -GP--73 - G 29 - PTS 91

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Would never sign Miller for over 8 million at 30 yrs old.... Miller is a  68--74 point guy having a exceptional season this year.. Things have gone great..

Points will drop off even next season...Miller is a 70---76 point guy.. Never sign Miller to 6 yr contract at 30 years old...

Look at last 4 years, at 29 old going on 30 years  next summer do not want to get locked into big contract..6 yrs X 8 million? NO NO NO

2018-19 GP 75 - G 13-- PTS 47

2019-20 GP 69 - G - 27 - PTS  72

2020 -21 GP- 53- G -15 - PTS. 46

2021-22 -GP--73 - G 29 - PTS 91

If it's 8 mil x 6, the Canucks will re-sign him knowing that the last 2 years of the deal will likely suck.

8 mil for 70 point centerman that hits and plays the power forward game is a good deal.

If it's a 70 point player that plays finesse game and is soft, then they'd not be worth 8 mil. 

Bigger concern is that he may drop off to being more of a 50-60 point guy as early as in 2, 3 years without playing physically. Unlikely but it's possible.

5 minutes ago, khay said:

If it's 8 mil x 6, the Canucks will re-sign him knowing that the last 2 years of the deal will likely suck.

8 mil for 70 point centerman that hits and plays the power forward game is a good deal.

If it's a 70 point player that plays finesse game and is soft, then they'd not be worth 8 mil. 

Bigger concern is that he may drop off to being more of a 50-60 point guy as early as in 2, 3 years without playing physically. Unlikely but it's possible.

Add a mill and a half, at least.  If he hits 100 points, he's going to get serious dough