The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kadri Watch: 'Rumblings' Islanders have made a push for Nazem

12 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Patience my friend. 

Did anyone see CBJ signing Johnny?

Did anyone know the leagues 2nd leading scorer was available?  

Did anyone know Tkackphuck liked the beach that much?

Anything can happen. 

Yeah. I don’t doubt that anything can happen. Whether it will happen for us is another story. I don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors at Rogers Arena, but I am sure those guys are working every day to try to get something done.

I kinda saw Tkachuk leaving Calgary after Gaudreau left for the Jackets.

I’d laugh if Calgary somehow met Columbus in the playoffs and beat them. LOL 

Would be justice. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billabong said:

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

then a desperate Joe Sakic will come after miller and trade girard ++ for him

Having Hughes and Girard wheel the puck out of the zone 2 out of 3 shifts would be quite the treat to watch 

CHAOS WILL ENSUE

On Fire GIF

Isn’t Sam Girard a lefty? That’s the same position that Hughes plays.

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He's also  "that's a small body gentleman, a really small body" (got to love Burke!)...  and we already have one of those percolating in the AHL kicking butt who's also a lefty.    Personally think, why not try one of these guys on their off side?   A lot of teams do that.   A lot of players do it too (QHs has actually talked about how certain things he does better on the right side) ... Schmidt, Benn... this obsession that you simply have to be a RHD to play the right side is a bit onerous.    If 50% more D's currently in the NHL,  are natural LHDs it says something right there.   Doesn't Dermott play both sides too?   

It's also why id hope for Byram.  Although with Manson signed i think that's now a fairy tale.   Those two played top four minutes during their cup run ... Girard dropped to the third pairing...ugh.    Not ... fair that team.   But i can say, there is a team out there that could beat them with some hot goalie and puck luck.    Bet they've got 5-1 odds to repeat though ... What did they lose, four games?   Haven't seen a team like that in a very very long time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I don’t doubt that anything can happen. Whether it will happen for us is another story. I don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors at Rogers Arena, but I am sure those guys are working every day to try to get something done.

I kinda saw Tkachuk leaving Calgary after Gaudreau left for the Jackets.

I’d laugh if Calgary somehow met Columbus in the playoffs and beat them. LOL 

Would be justice. 

Well... i guess i could live with that.   Would be a couple other Canadian teams i'd rather see win before the Flames...but at least Tanev and Markstrom would get their names on the cup (even though good odds both are injured before the final lol).... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

He's also  "that's a small body gentleman, a really small body" (got to love Burke!)...  and we already have one of those percolating in the AHL kicking butt who's also a lefty.    Personally think, why not try one of these guys on their off side?   A lot of teams do that.   A lot of players do it too (QHs has actually talked about how certain things he does better on the right side) ... Schmidt, Benn... this obsession that you simply have to be a RHD to play the right side is a bit onerous.    If 50% more D's currently in the NHL,  are natural LHDs it says something right there.   Doesn't Dermott play both sides too?   

It's also why id hope for Byram.  Although with Manson signed i think that's now a fairy tale.   Those two played top four minutes during their cup run ... Girard dropped to the third pairing...ugh.    Not ... fair that team.   But i can say, there is a team out there that could beat them with some hot goalie and puck luck.    Bet they've got 5-1 odds to repeat though ... What did they lose, four games?   Haven't seen a team like that in a very very long time. 

Obviously Byram would be the ideal, but Giratd is a dynamic damn and he's a pretty solid defender as well.......he handles himself alright, physically 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think he plays both sides

Girard shoots left but plays both sides.  He's also capable of playing multiple roles as he was paired with pretty much everyone on the d-unit in Col from Makar, Toews, J Johnson,  E Johnson,  and Byram regularly. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IF KAdri has signed why is it not announced?  

Typical Lamoriello - he doesn't want other teams to know their cap space.  

Parise signed early in free agency after being bought out by the Wild - was only communicated near the start of training camp.  

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 2

Just now, mll said:

Parise signed the 1st day of free agency after being bought out by the Wild - was only communicated near the start of training camp.  

Don’t contracts need to be registered with the league?  Could Kadri sign a bigger deal, if offered, while Lou Lam is holding on to register it, or would it be binding - even though not registered?  

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t contracts need to be registered with the league?  Could Kadri sign a bigger deal, if offered, while Lou Lam is holding on to register it, or would it be binding - even though not registered?  

They have to be filed to be official, but doing business with Lamoriello is based on trust. 

I don't know how that would get ruled but hard to believe a dispute would happen.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mll said:

Parise signed early in free agency after being bought out by the Wild - was only communicated near the start of training camp.  

@bishopshodan this could mean Miller has already signed with us :bigblush:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2