The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Nazem Kadri

Ffffffffudge sunday !!! 

Can't even describe how much i hate this lol... I think CGY ended up going from disaster to actually better this offf season.  The Johnny/Mony/Tchkpuke core had enough shots at the post season and folded cheaply every time.  This team could actually go further.  

Of course their window is looking a lot smaller and their in for a painful ass rebuild in a few years, and Marky as much as i love him is looking like a prime time playoff no show too, but still the division got a lot harder again :(

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They are gonna be really good again this coming year, despite everything. 

Fine dollar amount, absolutely atrocious term for a 31 year old. Lames really going all in the next 1-2 years, because after that its gonna be a pretty grim 5 years all around. 

• Like 1

Kadri is overated. He played on a stacked Avalanche team the past few years and soaked up points on their powerplay that was stacked. 

We will need some snarl in our lineup to deal with this bugger. Glad we picked up Joshua and still have Schenn heading into the season. Keep your head up Petey. Kadri likes to throw dirty ones. 

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

The Flames GM is the new Benning.  Screw the future, it’s all about right now.   Great for the GM right now, but 2 or 3 years from now the Flames are looking at 2 albatross contracts.  Like Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin of the Dallas Stars.  Oooooffff. :picard:

the flames gm is the new [insert any gm who has ever had his team in a competitive window].

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Dakota Joshua and Curtis Lazar don't exist? 

Kadri ain’t even tough. He’s a pest that takes dumb penalties.

We counter him by scoring on the powerplay after he inevitably takes bad penalty after bad penalty.

• Vintage 1

Wait wait, Kadri at 32 when his new contract at 7x7M starts, you say "good job flames! Top team in the west!" But signing Miller for 8 years at 29yrs old, "he will be too old! Going to be an albatross contract" 

What?!?!

Edited by ice8eight
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, ice8eight said:

Wait wait, Kadri at 32 when his new contract at 7x7M starts, you say "good job flames! Top team in the west!" But signing Miller for 8 years at 29yrs old, "he will be too old! Going to be an albatross contract" 

What?!?!

Most people know that Kadri’s contract will be an anchor by the end of it. Just like Millers would.

8 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Most people know that Kadri’s contract will be an anchor by the end of it. Just like Millers would.

As far as I can tell, Kadri's new contract didnt anchor anything. If Kadri can be had for 7M, Jt  will be at 8.5 to 9m range, wasnt that the original asking price of JT?

Edited by ice8eight

You know things are slow in Canuck Nation and it's the dog days of summer when there's 16 pages for another team's signing.

I'll chime in...Kadri is still on my 10 most hated list.  Though some of the St. Louis Blues' fans rants about him were inappropriate, I hope nothing but monkey pox on him.

• Haha 1

This is yet another example of a supposed primetime free agent expecting to have teams lined up for his services then realizing he wasn’t as valuable as he thought himself to be. Let’s not overreact and realize that he turned this team down less than six months ago and now comes running to them when nobody else is going to pay. Sounds just like Johnny Gaudreau. Sounds just like John Klingberg. Most GM’s are staying away from these contracts at this age.That’s why we are holding off on Miller. I think these guys are gonna have to start realizing they’re not gonna have the choice of four or five teams but if they want the money they crave they’re going to have to take it from whatever team offers it.

• Upvote 2