The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights sign Phil Kessel

7 hours ago, King Loui said:

982 straight games played.  You might not like it but that is what the peak male athletic form looks like and there's not a damn thing you can do about it

His bones and innards have a thick layer of protection.  

2 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

I remember watching a Leafs game once with a buddy who's a huge Leafs fan (I've lived in Toronto almost 20 years and have probably watched less than a dozen of their games).

After Phil the Thrill had made a big rush and a good scoring chance my buddy started yelling, 'Now watch, watch!"

I couldn't believe it, as the play started going the other way, Kessel let out a deep breath, he was soooo tired, and slowly skated off the ice behind the play.

He wasn't even to the bench yet when the other team scored.

Doing his best Miller impersonation?

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Just like JT in OT?

Yup ... lol

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

Phil and Alejandro Kirk are my inspirations. 

Kirk is the man. Did not expect him to be so good. He does not look like a typical athlete lol. Been a fun season so far, I haven’t watched in years but this season I made a point to fill my spare time in summer with Jays games. This team is pretty darn good if they stay healthy.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Kirk is the man. Did not expect him to be so good. He does not look like a typical athlete lol. Been a fun season so far, I haven’t watched in years but this season I made a point to fill my spare time in summer with Jays games. This team is pretty darn good if they stay healthy.

Kirk is the best. I tell my wife, see honey, its OK if I have another beer. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

On arguably the worst team in the league in a while he still put up 50 points.

He is $1.5 million going to one of the top middle of the road teams in the league where almost everyone had a down year last season.

To suggest 50 points again would be far from a stretch.

People can mock the signing but it's a solid player for his age at that cap hit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

some jokes just never get old.

unfortunately, the kessel/hotdog ones were played out and dull 6 or 7 years ago. 

maybe try some originality, folks. 

he doesnt even like hot dogs that much.  any knowledge member of the phil the thrill fan club knows he likes nachos smothered in 7-11cheese