The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

This is probably the best way imo. We will get maximum production from both Miller and Petey this way.

Sadly not the best production we got out of Petey is centering his own line. So best thing for Canucks do is Run Miller Petey Bo down middle. if Canucks are okay paying Bo 6 plus mil to play 15-18 minutes on third line We need move out 2 other contracts.

Glad it's over and it's the right call - kind of like when Trump lost the election, but I'm going to miss the crazy.

I was under the impression that Miller wasn't a part of the "young" core they wanted, but I guess he is now, again. 

At least the Canucks will have that competitiveness and hopefully he's a point-a-game player for the next 5 years. Canucks needed to get Miller re-signed. Without him, they would struggle in the Pacific for more years to come. But with him, they have a chance at playoffs this year and beyond. 

Can't wait for the season to start. GCG!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Hurricanes are nasty business for sure.

I do love hot and dry. Just me but nothing worse than a Canadian winter.

Regardless, 7 more of them!

There’s always the North Pole.  I saw a documentary on an Eskimo family and the kids would eat raw seal liver like candy. 

Im just saying there’s always something worse.  

My reaction is mixed. As someone who would have preferred that we trade JT I would have been the first in line shouting “that’s it?!” If the return was underwhelming.  Locking JT in at 8 is an awesome number even if the deal will suck for the last couple years. I’m just happy it’s over and done with now it’s up to the crew to figure out the holes on D. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, gurn said:

A bit too much, and more than a bit too long.

Fine for now, but the potential damage to the future has yet to be seen.

The team will be screwed if he becomes a 50 point, or less, guy for those last 3 years.

Sure they could dump him;  but that is going to cost.

Maybe an equipment allergy?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

better not have gotten too soft.

I need at least 3 stick smashes and one loud F'bomb per week during the season

If my wish comes true he’ll take it out on the scoresheet and Kadri this season 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1