The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The only for sure thing that I heard Boudreau say was they were going to start with Miller, Petey an Bo down the middle. If there was a different presser, I must have missed it.

It was the training camp presser this morning.  I'm pretty sure I heard BB say that he was gonna start Garland on left wing with Miller.  Maybe I misheard, I dunno.

21 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The only for sure thing that I heard Boudreau say was they were going to start with Miller, Petey an Bo down the middle. If there was a different presser, I must have missed it.

Seemed like BB also was hinting that Miller and Boeser will start out together, so Garland-Miller-Boeser might be the first iteration of our 1A line.

He also said it could all change rather quickly, so we’ll see.

Anyway, we won’t have to wait long to get an idea of their intentions, based on the coaching meetings and how they view the roster. Bruce basically said that the first lines we see tried out (at least when it comes to the lineup regulars) are likely going to be the same combinations they’re thinking of using for the season.

I like that they’re planning on trying to build chemistry/familiarity for the actual NHL roster (4 lines and 3 pairings) from day one and getting the main guys as many reps as possible together before the season opens.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd like Dickie sent down (and saves 1.3 cap) and try Hogs on the 4th as a Motte type forechecker. Dickinson is a step too slow on the forecheck. And Dick doesn't hit. Hogs speed will infuriate other teams. And simplifies Hogs game.

I know you don't like Dickie. :P I was very unimpressed but I imagine he'll get every chance.  We're going to need some guys with different skill sets. Sometimes it takes players an entire year to adjust. Either way i just don't see him getting sent down. 

But we can hope right?

Baby Babies GIF

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I know you don't like Dickie. :P I was very unimpressed but I imagine he'll get every chance.  We're going to need some guys with different skill sets. Sometimes it takes players an entire year to adjust. Either way i just don't see him getting sent down. 

But we can hope right?

Baby Babies GIF

United Unity GIF by Creative Courage

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Viper007 said:

They were pretty much our best line with JT on it last season.  Pearson is too underrated here.  He was a play driver on pretty much every line he played.  He may not be the quickest player, but he's very smart and knows how to battle along the boards.

It sounds like they're gonna start with Garland and Miller together to start, from what I hear from the BB interview.

Garland - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Pearson - Horvat - Mikheyev

Joshua - Lazar - Dickinson

OEL - Hughes

Rathbone - Myers

Dermott - Schenn

IR Poolman

I think Hoglander is going to be sent down to the AHL unless Kuzmenko doesn't start well.  Don't think Hoglander is a good fit on the fourth line.  Bruce is going to want a more stable defensive 4th line.

Good looking lineup, pretty close to what I have.

However I think DeKeyser makes the team on his PTO and I thought I heard Poolman was healthy finally but you have him on IR

10 hours ago, Nucklefuts said:

Typical canucks forum, everyone's too good for Practice 1.

It's "Do we really need Burrows" all over again. 

I'm just sick of just seeing Practice 1.  If we don't see Practice 2, I consider this training camp a failure.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That would be a fun line to watch.

If that ends up being it I wonder if we can assume the other two lines would be:

Pearson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikayev

I'm kinda bummed not seeing hoglander in the top 9. Have we given up on this kid already. He will not thirve on the 4th line.

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I'm kinda bummed not seeing hoglander in the top 9. Have we given up on this kid already. He will not thirve on the 4th line.

he's waiver exempt on a deep line up, its going to be hard for him to carve out a spot. Maybe its not the worst idea if he does start in Abby, he does need to work on his defensive game. At least we can't lose him for nothing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Pearson Miller Boeser is way too slow of a line in my opinion 

Pearson and Miller were very good together last year. Given Miller and Boesser this line would most;y get O zone starts anyway. 

12 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

How many games will the full top 9 be healthy, he will likely spend most of the year in the top 9. Making him earn it and giving up are different things. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he's waiver exempt on a deep line up, its going to be hard for him to carve out a spot. Maybe its not the worst idea if he does start in Abby, he does need to work on his defensive game. At least we can't lose him for nothing. 

Yup, this is what good teams do. No problem with a younger player having to earn it while being waiver exempt. That's how you build up a team instead of just throwing these kids to the wolves. He may be much better if he comes back to the team when there is a spot that needs filling and the rest of the team is rolling.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, this is what good teams do. No problem with a younger player having to earn it while being waiver exempt. That's how you build up a team instead of just throwing these kids to the wolves. He may be much better if he comes back to the team when there is a spot that needs filling and the rest of the team is rolling.

he's fully under team control, and he'll see time with injury call ups, etc. He's only 21, maybe lets not rush him.  

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That would be a fun line to watch.

If that ends up being it I wonder if we can assume the other two lines would be:

Pearson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Mikayev

Looks like it:

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 3