The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Nov. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t know why they’re letting OEL try and be a hero. It’s clear to me he has a nagging injury. And even if he somehow doesn’t he should be sitting for his play alone.

We have guys like Burroughs that can slot in now. It’s not like it’s gonna hurt our goals against. In fact I would argue we play better defensively with guys like him in our lineup because they play hard nosed simple defense. Something OEL and Myers can’t seem to do.

The league has put such an emphasis on “puck moving” D that regular old reliable defenders are almost rare now.  I would find it funny if it weren’t such a problem for our team.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Miller is still on his last contract, no trade clauses . He got paid and what he wanted. No gentleman’s agreement should have been involved there or absolutely needed.

Exactly so if a trade comes you like you always pull the trigger.

It is a business and if they would rather keep others like Bo and there isn't room for Miller guess what he gets traded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

To me if they offered Bo 5.5 and Bo wants 8.5 that is not insulting.That is both opening up an offer which both sides say no and you start to negotiate which is how you get a deal done.

Guess people think you start high and go lower??

Bo is making 5.5 in his current contract. Then he starts showing he’s a 30 goal scorer with upside for more, not to mention a league leader in face-offs, and they barely give him a raise on an initial offer? That’s not respecting the player, sorry.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Bo is making 5.5 in his current contract. Then he starts showing he’s a 30 goal scorer with upside for more, not to mention a league leader in face-offs, and they barely give him a raise on an initial offer? That’s not respecting the player, sorry.

It's almost like JR and Allvin's management style is lighting a fire under players' arses. It has worked with our top guys, but not yet with the back end guys like OEL and Myers and our goalies. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It's almost like JR and Allvin's management style is lighting a fire under players' arses. It has worked with our top guys, but not yet with the back end guys like OEL and Myers and our goalies. 

Not sure what you mean by lighting fires under players' arses. Also, I fail to see how lighting said fires under Myers and OEL are magically going to make them somewhat closer to competent. Now if by lighting fires you mean trading them off for as many draft picks as you can eat and still have room for a prospect or two, I'm here for it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Not sure what you mean by lighting fires under players' arses. Also, I fail to see how lighting said fires under Myers and OEL are magically going to make them somewhat closer to competent. Now if by lighting fires you mean trading them off for as many draft picks as you can eat and still have room for a prospect or two, I'm here for it.

You know, the tough love approach. Bo offered less and he proves them wrong. JR calls out the team, the coach, the effort, threatens trades, etc. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

The league has put such an emphasis on “puck moving” D that regular old reliable defenders are almost rare now.  I would find it funny if it weren’t such a problem for our team.

We need to draft dmen that can defend first.   Guys like brisebois and Burroughs should be in this lineup. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Interesting that Montreal played today and is travelling as well. No excuses. C’mon Demmer let’s see that great goaltending you’ve got in there somewhere 

Agreed. But also, save some juice for Saturday, Canucks. Any game against Toronto is a must win.

• Upvote 2