The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lane Pederson | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Ethan Bear and Lane Pederson were excellent value for a 5th round pick. If we move Horvat perhaps Pederson could see some time as a second line C 

Definitely very good value.

Edited by DeNiro

After the disastrous 1980's deal with the BroonGoons, this handle was enough to induce PTSD throughout all the regions of BC.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if this LP went on to big-league prominence, on perhaps an Alex Burrows trajectory? Maybe Van faithful could all move on from that particular 80's trauma?

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

After the disastrous 1980's deal with the BroonGoons, this handle was enough to induce PTSD throughout all the regions of BC.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if this LP went on to big-league prominence, on perhaps an Alex Burrows trajectory? Maybe Van faithful could all move on from that particular 80's trauma?

Threaten Breaking Bad GIF

80s trauma? Damn it takes that long to move on?

and i thought moving on after  our 2011 cup run  was bad 

It’s rough emotional ride being a Canucks fan. We’ve seen some impossible things.

im sure we’ll see another rise to the top only to be disappointed and add to the pure misery that can be sensed around this franchise.

Another generation of fans will be deflated and scarred. Just because we play it too nice. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

does he go on waivers if sent back down?

Per Capfriendly:

Exemptions

1. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, OR has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b) (Despite the CBA reference saying 30 days AND 10 games, the rule is actually 30 days OR 10 games)
  2. A player whom consented to a Conditioning Loan can be Loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 14 days without passing through waivers. CBA Reference 13.8
  3. A player whom was previously on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), may be loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 6 days or 3 games for the purpose of determining if the player is fit to play. This player does not need to pass through waivers. CBA Reference 13.9

7 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

what does everyone think of Pedersons play so far? Is he an NHL'er?

He looks real good with EP40 but most players do. That line had some shifts against the Oilers that dominated. Pederson looks great. Throws nice passes, gets position and plays the body. I think PA scored a winner in that trade. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Kind of a much younger and cheaper right shot version of Pearson?  

he is a C with right shot, I believe he was playing C in AHL, also supposedly good speed, Pearson was also a little slow of foot and that was no secret. they are the same size, to me, the real value in Pearson is the Stanley Cup and he should know how to teach other players what it takes to win, a culture carrier so to speak but he clearly is not helping the culture 

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kind of a much younger and cheaper right shot version of Pearson?  

Been thinking on that too Alf. They don’t keep very good faceoff stats in the AHL. But I can confirm he has been playing steady C on the farm and from what I can tell wins at least 50 % of his battles. That’s a great asset to have along side Petey. Kinda like Miller was back a couple seasons ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Been thinking on that too Alf. They don’t keep very good faceoff stats in the AHL. But I can confirm he has been playing steady C on the farm and from what I can tell wins at least 50 % of his battles. That’s a great asset to have along side Petey. Kinda like Miller was back a couple seasons ago.

And RH

• 1 month later...