The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Just now, The King of Kings said:

I am glad this was brought up.

Many people in this forum embrace the "sell low" mentality.

I still recall there were tons if Petterson trade proposals when he struggled early last season.

True but losing Brock for scraps is better than losing Bo for scraps.  Taking Brock's salary off of the books helps this team out quite a bit and JR picked up a couple of players who replace Brock for free in the offseason.

With that said, I'm not in the camp that is willing to give up assets to lose Brock's salary.  I can't believe there wouldn't be a team that wants Brock......timing is likely more the issue.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Roberts said:

hoping management can completely and utterly rip a team off with a trade here. maybe im hoping for too much?

The management group that had Rangers drooling over JT Miller and could have gotten that D man that is shining on the Stars and more, but didn't.

Were offered Marino for Rathbone, but didn't.

Traded Dickinson and a second to get Stillman and capspace.

Used the capspace to trade for Bear who is doing well but could not beat out the RHD that management let walk for nothing.

Now, the management group are so inept that they need Boeser's agent to find a trade because they cannot.

You think they will rip someone off?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Please, no.

I do not want Dumba on this team.

It would represent a pretty big win in a trade at this point.  Shed a lot of cap space going forward… and as he is on an expiring deal, so you can flip Dumba for a 2nd round pick and a prospect at the deadline if you retain half his salary.  Unless he totally meshes with Hughes in the next couple months and you want to try to re-sign him.

• Cheers 1

Something had to give when management went and signed two middle six wingers in the offseason, as well as drafted their smurf. Anyone that thinks Boeser is the problem with this team is not very smart and shifting blame from where it should be. But I did say before, we really should blow up the team. Trading Boeser by itself won't matter. We need to move Miller, Garland, Horvat and if at all possible OEL. Probably even Demko. Blow it up. Start anew. Properly this time. Mikheyev can be moved next trade deadline if need be. Kuzmenko could fetch a solid deadline rental deal too. We have the pieces to really get a nice boost in picks for the next two drafts as well as some prospects.

We should do this thing called draft and develop blueliners. One of the older cliches, but build from the net out. Hughes and Petey are young enough we can and should keep them. But they do have contracts expire when they are UFAs. Which does kinda force the rebuild to be a bit faster than normal. Or we can move them in a few years. Either way, there's no rush to trade them. But Miller and Horvat for sure need to go this season. OEL can stay, without retention nobody is probably gonna take him at least til his deal is nearly up. But if he can be moved for literally anything, take it.

All in all, management should be telling everyone's agent that they can move and groove.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I agree but disagree.......time to move on from floaters.  Kuzmenko was a fantastic pick-up and a step-up on Brock at this point.  Mikheyev is a step-up on Hogz at this point too.  So I think these moves were good but should come with some dumping salary to improve our D.  

Perhaps they couldn't upgrade the D as there are no teams trading guys we'd want.....in which case you're forced to make improvements elsewhere.  This team won't win a cup without drafting a top tier D group anyway.

A lot of very good defensemen moved including Marino, Romanov, McDonough. I don’t buy their assertion that they weren’t available. I think they just weren’t willing to pay what other teams were, figuring that this D core had more to give 

So Canucks management has given permission to the agent to facilitate a trade?? Meaning management can’t find a taker on their own…. Am I missing something?

How would the agent facilitate a deal exactly?  Are they going to convince other teams to want Brock like they dont have their own pro scouts?  Not really sure how this will help.  Sounds like we will just be taking someone else’s dead salary at best. 

Edited by 70seven
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 70seven said:

So Canucks management has given permission to the agent to facilitate a trade?? Meaning management can’t find a taker on their own…. Am I missing something?

How would the agent facilitate a deal exactly?

I think they did that because Brock requested a trade. They said go find us a dance partner then. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I think they did that because Brock requested a trade. They said go find us a dance partner then. 

…meaning there’s no real interest as that would not be necessary if there were interested teams, which I assume the team has already looked for 

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Allvin pushing his responsibility, to Boesers' agent ? Imo, picks has to be the MAIN focus

That's unlikely.  Agents typically get involved when the team can't find a deal - Eriksson, Evander Kane etc all had their agents given permission to seek out a deal.  Was posted earlier by others in this thread but you might have missed it: 

28 minutes ago, 70seven said:

How would the agent facilitate a deal exactly?  Are they going to convince other teams to want Brock like they dont have their own pro scouts?  Not really sure how this will help.  Sounds like we will just be taking someone else’s dead salary at best. 

I think in these cases they are looking where the agent has some ties, maybe clients already on the team or previous good business dealings. From there the agent can sell them on BB as a player and give them the inside scoop on why he could be a good piece to acquire on the cheap. Perhaps even knowing what kind of cap the Canucks might be willing to take back. It's probably not completely "honest", but the agent's take has a different motivation regarding why the client is being shopped, and maybe this helps get the ball rolling.

59 minutes ago, mll said:

That's unlikely.  Agents typically get involved when the team can't find a deal - Eriksson, Evander Kane etc all had their agents given permission to seek out a deal.  Was posted earlier by others in this thread but you might have missed it: 

If this was the case and we couldn't even trade him last year, then they should have never re-signed him to that contract.  They would have been better off to just let Boeser walk to free agency and use the $6.65 million to re-sign BO in the summer.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 2

How can you extend a player like Boeser for this money? Jim Rutherford and Patrick Allvin and Cammie and Emilie had enough time to watch the slow moving Boeser play on the ice. They should have noticed that the NHL is a speed game and the top forwards create space and time with their agility and skating. It was a poor management decision to extend Boeser, no doubt about it. In addition to his slow skating he isn't generating much offense and is questionable defensively. Had way too much puck turnovers in the own end. He shines only when playing on the PP and once in a while when he gets set up by Bo or Petey. So many additions to the front office with Cammie and Emilie but still awful decisions made. This org is doomed to fail. No hope at all that they turn the ship around.

• Like 2