The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Incoming 4th round pick in 2025, a cap dump coming back and another big Canucks press / twitter feel good story on Canucks management and the evils of trading a committed player whose wife had just given birth a few weeks after firing Bruce 

image.gif.763e51aa7c009c97693268cb4edaf9c1.gif

Yup, can see that happen. Scratch Boeser on Cancer awareness night, drag out the firing of Bruce publicly, trade Bo before the All star game where he repeatedly states he thought he'd retire a Canuck and now ship off Schenn who has said he wants to stay just after giving birth and making a family home in Vancouver.

I know trades have to happen but boy has this management team messed up in the public eye. Do they not have some sort of public relations people to tell them how to conduct business a bit more palatably? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

Who says?  Toffoli and Virtanen's contracts were closer in value and were the same offseason.  Boeser's deal was already signed in 2019-2020 and almost $6 million so Toffoli didn't come into play at that time. 

Virtanen and Toffoli were both up in 2020 and $2.5 and around $4 million respectively.  If they had have not signed Virtanen, they could have afforded to fit in Toffoli.

Yup.

That’s how I remember it.

There are some posters here that have a rabid hatred of Boeser.  I think they might be jealous of his flow.

:P

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

3rd round pick is a slap in the face for what Schenn brings to not just the team but the kids. Our drafting record is so rubbish, I'd rather we keep Schenn for a year or two while we have decent prospects coming up in the lineup for him to groom and teach how to play the right way. He's the perfect sentinel for Tocchet to get his message across young guys. We could have Rathbone, Hoglander, Raty and maybe even our 1st rounder in and out of the NHL next year - what better mentor than Schenn.

I'd accept a 2nd, we could get a decent player there, but a 3rd is pretty useless. Look at our last few 3rd rounders - not many NHLers there. Guys like Dipietro, Lockwood, Brisebois, Cole Cassels, Connauton, Rahimi - a bunch of guys who had so much hype and then never really cracked the NHL. Edler was a 3rd round pick but that's the only decent NHLer we've drafted in the 3rd round out of the last 40 years.

I'd hope Schenn is part of a bigger trade, for example using it to entice a team to take Myers, Boeser or Miller.

Agree, completely

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Yup, can see that happen. Scratch Boeser on Cancer awareness night, drag out the firing of Bruce publicly, trade Bo before the All star game where he repeatedly states he thought he'd retire a Canuck and now ship off Schenn who has said he wants to stay just after giving birth and making a family home in Vancouver.

I know trades have to happen but boy has this management team messed up in the public eye. Do they not have some sort of public relations people to tell them how to conduct business a bit more palatably? 

Maybe there needs to be a safe space created for all the emotional hurts and owies that people have suffered?

Pro-sports… 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I meant they should have traded boeser and kept TT

JB should have done a lot of things….

- not sign LE for that terrible 6 year contract 

- should have convinced the Sedins to be traded for futures, we would have gotten a couple firsts and good prospects for these guys.

- not sign bone head FA’s like that pile of crap Gubranson 

- gave Myers too much and too long of a contract 

- let Marky, TT and Tanev go at the end for the year for NOTHING. He didn’t even attempt to negotiate a contract with ANY of them

- trade off 3 expiring contracts with our first for an aging defender and a vertically challenged player

- terrible picks at the draft; mostly JV and OJ (Petey and QH fell on his lap, that was not him “willing” those picks)
- no playoffs other than the bubble during his tenure

- no concept of tanking by design when the season is lost for better draft picks

- never “weaponized” the Cap

Absolutely no direction during his 7 years.

No Canuck GM has ever been this incompetent 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pears said:

How is he an asshat for saying why Schenn is being sent back to Vancouver?

Rick is an asshat for a dozen reasons.

One of the reasons being he spouts off his assumptions and guesses, and is quite frequently incorrect. 
He has the cockiness of someone with real connections, but the track record is ify

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No one’s giving up a 1st and no one ought to be expecting a 1st. 

No and obviously that’s ridiculous.

But I will be disappointed if they don’t take advantage of our cap space to up the return to at least a 2nd or a young D man.

• Tanks a lot 1

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

Who says?  Toffoli and Virtanen's contracts were closer in value and were the same offseason.  Boeser's deal was already signed in 2019-2020 and almost $6 million so Toffoli didn't come into play at that time. 

Virtanen and Toffoli were both up in 2020 and $2.5 and around $4 million respectively.  If they had have not signed Virtanen, they could have afforded to fit in Toffoli.

Would Toffoli have accepted 4M from the Canucks though?  Yeah he got that, but I’m assuming he settle for it after the market was underwhelming 

Just now, DeNiro said:

No and obviously that’s ridiculous.

But I will be disappointed if they don’t take advantage of our cap space to up the return to at least a 2nd or a young D man.

You’re a Canucks supporter. 

Prepare for disappointment. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

3rd round pick is a slap in the face for what Schenn brings to not just the team but the kids. Our drafting record is so rubbish, I'd rather we keep Schenn for a year or two while we have decent prospects coming up in the lineup for him to groom and teach how to play the right way. He's the perfect sentinel for Tocchet to get his message across young guys. We could have Rathbone, Hoglander, Raty and maybe even our 1st rounder in and out of the NHL next year - what better mentor than Schenn.

I'd accept a 2nd, we could get a decent player there, but a 3rd is pretty useless. Look at our last few 3rd rounders - not many NHLers there. Guys like Dipietro, Lockwood, Brisebois, Cole Cassels, Connauton, Rahimi - a bunch of guys who had so much hype and then never really cracked the NHL. Edler was a 3rd round pick but that's the only decent NHLer we've drafted in the 3rd round out of the last 40 years.

I'd hope Schenn is part of a bigger trade, for example using it to entice a team to take Myers, Boeser or Miller.

I believe D-Petey was a 3rd round pick. I'd do that over!

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re a Canucks supporter. 

Prepare for disappointment. 

Oh I’m prepared.

Like I said a few pages back, I’m hoping for a 2nd expecting a 3rd or a 4th.

Edited by DeNiro

I just don't want Schenn going to TOR.

Sure, VAN can help BOS with their cap, might as well overprice if they really want him

to BOS - Schenn 

to VAN - Zacha

or 

to BOS - Schenn

to VAN - Smith and a 1st or Lysell 

Kind of hoping Schenn goes to WPG, out of nowhere

• Haha 2