The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zdeno Chara makes scathing allegations about Canucks during 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Rate this topic

fivethej

11 hours ago, RomanP said:

No wonder it came out of Chara’s mouth. His last name is pronounced as “Chara” only in English. In Slovakian and any other Slavic language his last name is pronounced as “Khara”. And here’s a caveat - in Hebrew and in Arabic the word “khara” means “shit”. I guess now we know why lol.

In other words, he's a "shit talker." :lol:

• Haha 2

Aside from the Cup thing not being possible logistically with open practices and media all around…what about the part when he admitted that the league was directly leaking info to the Bruins during the series?  That is a bigger story to me.

In a call between the Canucks brass and the league office about how many family are allowed on the ice… who is likely to be sharing the particulars of that with the Bruins?

F45B2C92-74B8-4197-BABF-87AA32CD2C65.jpeg

• Cheers 1

On 12/9/2022 at 12:23 PM, IBatch said:

It's what happens when you've followed this team for this long.    But i'm clueless to something's - such as sensitivity, hence the paragraphs.   If DLC calls you out, then yep time for a time out.    As for defending Lucic well he's a wimp.  Won't do it.    Plus rhinoplasty, check into it.   Hurts when you break your hand on a beak like that.   I like Chara.   Don't see a reason not too.  Other than his team beating ours.   Same way i like Potvin.    And others like Ovechkin and Crosby.  Or Jumbo.   He was a great hockey player and one of the last of players in my generation.   We had the best team not to win a cup since expansion.   That isn't lost on me either.  And management/players whether or not they celebrated or not ahead of time, well i sure thought we had the best shot to win.   First in PP% second in PK.   Ballard as your 7th D.   Ugh.  2011 hurt me too.  Just like everyone else.  

Unless I missed something in the thread, I don't know what you said that would demand an apology or a retraction.  Just seemed like legitimate hockey discussion to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:38 AM, IBatch said:

Awesome.   Chara shouldn't be picked on though.   It's ok to respect some of the players you lose too.   He's one of them.   And our guys well Luongo whining ... Kesler whining.   The Sedins didn't whine.    Chara is maybe fishing.   But from everything i've read about the guy i doubt he's not telling his truth. 

Funny I don't see any Canucks holding a gun to his head.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Funny I don't see any Canucks holding a gun to his head.

Guess the rivalry is re-ignited.   February 25th, at home.   Wonder if this story dies, or if any former or current Bruins players, staff or management rallies behind their former Captain,  what damage control they've done (if any) ... didn't seem real - as in I couldn't process why a player would say something like that, that they didn't believe happened.  My take was based on that.    And a bad one, totally insensitive.    

Bieksa shut it down and took the high road, and did some satirical stuff with the coffee cup.   That's how you do things right.   Use comedy at least.    Chara messed up by not explaining what "we" meant - as in was it a trainer?  Coaching staff?  The janitor?  A disgruntled fan?  And really messed up if he just made it up and outright lied.   If nobody comes to his aid,  which is the case so far,  that's going to be the optics anyways.   We don't know yet.   I truly couldn't process why on earth he'd make up a lie, served zero purpose.  

Balls back in their court.   Expecting a nasty game.    Too bad our team wasn't better right now, a repeat in the final sure would be great.    94 made up for 89 against CAL, but it took 5 years.   2011 made up for earlier series against CHI.    Tough to have a rival in another conference.    But this one hasn't lost all its steam yet.    Messier said some really nice things about the Canucks when we lost in 94 ... and is this teams biggest button,  for good reason.   Looks like Chara wants in on that but for petty, sullied reasons.   Guess we won't see any more trade proposals for him at least lol... the bright side of him retiring. 

14 hours ago, Roberts said:

It's funny how Bruins fans are trying to claim Canucks fans are the ones bringing up 2011, yet Chara was the one who randomly brought up this fake story.

Not just Bruins fans too. So many people coming out of the woodwork. It’s funny how much these folks still hate our team from back then. Over a decade later and still living rent free in their heads. You’d think losing the Finals (and everything that led to that result) would be enough of a salve for their butthurt, but somehow the soreness persists for these people. I suppose it just goes to show how special our team was. We didn’t even win the Cup, but we have so many hockey fans who continue to have strong feelings about the 2010-11 Canucks. Must’ve really hurt them somehow. :lol:

On 12/8/2022 at 8:41 PM, DeNiro said:

Won’t stop the panel on hockey night talking about it though.

Anything negative about the Canucks they’ll jump all over.

Good thing is Bieksa will call it out for what it is. Complete and utter BS spun by a washed up player trying to stay relevant.

Why would they even air this ?!?  Classless on behalf of HNIC also. 

If you had told me, prior to the 2011 final, that you could hate a team as much as the Bruins, I wouldn't have believed it was possible.  The 94 Rangers or even Mark Messier himself don't come remotely close...

- Bergeron's ridiculous claim that Burrow's teeth penetrated a hockey glove, leaving bite-marks on his finger.

- The unprecedented length of Aaron Rome's suspension.

- The league ignoring Johnny Boychuk's cheap-shot that broke Mason Raymond's back.

- Their classless fans chanting "Flopper" during said incident.

- Ratboy speed-bagging Daniel Sedin and Daniel getting a penalty.
- The media painting good guy, Roberto Luongo, as arrogant.
- The media painting arrogant guy, Tim Thomas, as the down-to-earth every-man.
- The Bruins getting away with breaking two of Alex Edler's fingers in game 6.
- Dr. Mark Recchi verbally burying our team after they won.
- Ratboy's cheap, hip-check on Sami Salo in 2012 and then saying he was "protecting himself."

- Shawn Thornton saying he fought 7 Canucks at once.
- Rat-face kissing an imaginary ring upon his return to Vancouver in 2013

- And now Chara's moronic, character assassinating, comments and all the mouth-breathing, room-temperature IQ, troglodytes who believe his story at face-value because they're butt-hurt about a team that lost the cup over TEN years ago...

Everything about the Bruins makes me absolutely sick to my #$%&ing stomach...  The conclusion of the 2019 season was absolutely spectacular. 

Edited by morgo
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 2