The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

It’s fine if we don’t trade JT. He’s had a rough year defensively (so has the entire team) but he could still top 80 points and reach 30 goals. He’s a solid 2c/1w and 8m per season isn’t out of line for what he brings. He’s got a lot of passion and drive and wants to win. If I’m a team looking for a 2c, he’s a fine option, even with the contract length.

We don’t NEED to trade him, either, and although cap flexibility would be great, who is replacing JT Miller on our team as the 2c if he is moved? 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'd argue Forsberg>Lindros if it wasn't for foot and knee injuries. Forsberg was next level dominant. Lindros was great Forsberg was better. 

THN has done a great job of analyzing that trade a few times.   And how it made a championship team (Roy of course was the last piece - and arguably the most important one).    PHI was gutted.   They always finish it with that it's possible Lindros for Forsberg straight across would have been close to fair.   And that it's debatable (which it is), but also admit Lindros was the best player at the time and for 3-4 years, the best player on the planet.    That says a lot given the era ... Mario was still around and of course Jagr.     People probably remember Crosby filling arenas because folks wanted to see the phenom, same with McDavid but to a lesser degree.   The Lindros mania was next level to that.  

Lindros in his prime never happened.   All we got was how darn good he was in his early 20's.   It wasn't Stevens that started it, but it was him that ended it.   After that he shied away and wasn't as physical.   Lindros was knocking around 6'2-6'4 210-230lb defenseman like they were 5'8" dweebs.   And his hands were as good as anyone who's played the game aside from Mario and Wayne.    Also i think it's fair that if you watched these guys play in the mid 90's then that opinion has more merit than stat checking.     Original comment was Lindros in his prime was the better player and of course he was.    Agree with EP, if he made it through the clutch and grab dead puck era unscathed, like Sakic at 37, he'd be putting up 100 point seasons and have ended up with 1700 plus points, and a top ten all-time player.  

One of his hits was near the middle of the ice and his 220lb opponent - literally flew 20 feet into the boards.    Different era and he was a wrecking ball.    Crazy the Bobby Clark stuff  ... "Lindros gets hit and his Dad and Butler are in the dressing room freaking out" lol.   When you think 90's Lindros is one of the first players you think about - in a way it encapsulated that generation of stars too.   Tough and skilled.   He was a

monster.   

Forsberg didn't win any major awards when the quality of competition was better.   No slight to him but let's be real the 80's stars were gone, the 90's guys were getting longer in the tooth and there wasn't much coming up behind them.    And of course played on one of the best teams all-time.   

Edit: Both Forsberg and Lindros would have a field day in todays game and other teams fits trying to contain them.     If they could do it back then ... with a redline ... and players down to 1989 sizes ...  Jovo was a smallish D when we got him.   And we all know what he could do.   

And back to Miller - no he's not getting traded. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That why we have Miller instead of Bo. 

Yip. I've made peace with it and can see some of the reasoning. I have liked Miller's play since Bo has been traded and he will be an important piece moving forward. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think JT and EPs relationship is about to turn a corner, and those 2 are going to create massive enthusiasm going forward..

it was nice to see EP getting vocal in the circle last night,  I see him embracing motivation through emotion. . . Commanding and Captaining isn’t about ordering,  it’s about communicating and taking the guess work out of opportunity with everyone engaged.

Moving Bo , has left the space for this to happen..  why?  .. because you can’t push the Captain out, or take it away.

The Boston game is going to be a huge challenge in so many different levels,. 
the trades they’ve made boost their physicality, and they will be going into “playoff mode”..  another test to leadership, and how to collectively as a team respond to that type of game.

Its hard to see Millers game dropping below

a .70 ppg over the next 5 years,.  What he is offering now in his game, leadership role, and mentorship, will pay dividends to his game on the back half of his new contract. 
As those around him get better , his game becomes more rounded.

JT and EP are similar in their absolute desire to win. They hate losing. I think they are smart enough to realize that each other both fill voids in each others styles both on and off the ice. If that makes sense. I'm actually excited seeing how those two have come along since Bo's trade.

• Cheers 1