The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

3 minutes ago, justathought said:

We need Demko back to being Demko. We need a rather large, stay-at-home, LD. Why trade Myers when his contract will be so low next year, keep him as 5th, , and lighten his load. Krav showing some chemistry with Miller Would be a wonderful thing. A nice low draft pick (Bedard:rolleyes:) and a summer tweak and we're good to go.:towel:

That's a good point about Myers. I think after his bonus is paid, his salary will only be a million next season? Not sure if that's correct.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

15 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I say one will go as teams are still looking to stack up.BB makes sense as Arizona can eat some cap and we eat 1 mill. 

A 3rd and prospect to us and 4th or 5th to Arizona.

Can't see Arizona or any other 3rd team get involved on a Boeser deal.  There's far too much salary left to pay vs playing broker on an expiring deal at the TDL.  They got a 3rd round pick for picking up 170K in salary.  The cost to pick up more is going to be through the roof and it's for another 2 seasons.  It would also limit what those teams can do with their expiring UFAs as there are only 3 retention spots available at all times - have to pay for using those spots too.  Arizona already has one used up for OEL.  

10 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I remembered early 80's betting my parents I could do a rubix cube in under 5 minutes.Went to my room took it apart came back 3 minutes later and made 20 bucks lol!  

Told them after and they said I cheated,I said nope just out smarted the grownups haha

Because they need cap flexibility and he doesn't fit the timeline 

Yesterdays deal doesn't really signal any kind of "win now" message.

1 minute ago, combover said:

It’ll be interesting after the trade deadline to see if miller stays playing  like he has the last ten games or returns to retirement contract miller of the first 40.

Not sure, you'll have to ask the Hurricanes.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, combover said:

It’ll be interesting after the trade deadline to see if miller stays playing  like he has the last ten games or returns to retirement contract miller of the first 40.

Miller's been pretty good most of the year, but his defensive lapses have been magnified 10 fold in this market.  

There are Twitter users who scour every game for ways to make Miller look bad and clip them.  

I've been wanting JT traded even last year, so I'm not a Deb level fan (then again no one is lol), but Vancouver market has gone to incredible lengths to make JT look worst then he is. 

2 hours ago, mll said:

Can't see Arizona or any other 3rd team get involved on a Boeser deal.  There's far too much salary left to pay vs playing broker on an expiring deal at the TDL.  They got a 3rd round pick for picking up 170K in salary.  The cost to pick up more is going to be through the roof and it's for another 2 seasons.  It would also limit what those teams can do with their expiring UFAs as there are only 3 retention spots available at all times - have to pay for using those spots too.  Arizona already has one used up for OEL.  

They are allowed one more  makes sense.

The fact that Miller was considered "week to week" and is now miraculously ready to play proves that they were keeping him out for trade reasons, but for whatever reason it never materialized. Pretty much sticks a fork in any possibility he's moved now. 

I figured he wouldn't be moved. 

44 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The fact that Miller was considered "week to week" and is now miraculously ready to play proves that they were keeping him out for trade reasons, but for whatever reason it never materialized. Pretty much sticks a fork in any possibility he's moved now. 

I was thinking the same thing earlier, definitely looks like a smokescreen to dampen the trade narrative 

Could see something closer to thr draft once this season has wrapped up, if nothing else this indicates they were willing to listen on Miller

Unlikely as it may be there is a chance he's gone before his NMC kicks in, teams will have more flex going into the offseason and more time to untangle their cap scenarios 

Edited by Coconuts

55 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

They just really wanted to give us hope before punching us in the wiener. "We may sell. PSYCH, ya thought chump."

• Haha 1

At this point, it seems like a real long shot that the Vancouver Canucks will move forward J.T. Miller prior to Friday afternoon’s deadline. Miller’s name has surfaced in trade talks, but the Canucks wanted to secure a young center as a replacement before considering moving him. They were also asking for two first-round picks in return for Miller.

Miller’s 7-year, $56 million contract extension kicks in on July 1. His ‘no-trade’ clause kicks in that day, too, making time of the essence this offseason if Vancouver actually does want to move on before losing some control in the matter.

If Miller does somehow end up moving before 3 o’clock on Friday, do not expect Vancouver to retain salary on him. Even though Miller is in the final season of his contract with a $5.25 million cap hit, if the Canucks were to retain on that, the same percentage retained would also carry over to the next contract as well. That would be unpalatable in Vancouver as they’re still looking to create cap flexibility that they crave.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/six-salary-cap-agenda-items-that-will-drive-the-action-on-nhls-deadline-day

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At this point, it seems like a real long shot that the Vancouver Canucks will move forward J.T. Miller prior to Friday afternoon’s deadline. Miller’s name has surfaced in trade talks, but the Canucks wanted to secure a young center as a replacement before considering moving him.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/six-salary-cap-agenda-items-that-will-drive-the-action-on-nhls-deadline-day

moving JTM without a suitable replacement doesn’t fit our retool plan. 

been saying this for awhile

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1