The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, aqua59 said:

Ya right it was the refs and Alvin's fault. Get a grip on reality.

Are you reading my posts BOZO?

If you are, you'd see that I have been talking about team defense as the key problem for the last 4 years.

But that doesn't change the fact the non-call was a poor decision on the part of the Refs.

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

That non-call against Dubois for the octopus grab on Pettersson should have been called.

I hate it when Refs decide they need to interfere or restrain their calls because one side or another is getting too many PP opportunities.

There had just been a call on another player for fouling Pettersson, and the Canucks had been given three PP's, so they decide not to call Dubois... and then it results in a goal.

Complete cr*p... I hope Allvin sends a complaint to the league.

Oh yes that’s why we lost. Bad reffing. 

• RoughGame 1

21 minutes ago, Zerofaith said:

Best thing actual fans can do is send a message. Stop engaging with this team in any form. Season  tickets holders should inform ticket reps they don’t intend to renew next year, if that happens more and more it’ll be a clear signal of an unhappy fan base. In the past 10 years what has this team done to deserve loyalty. 

unfortunatly Canucks are the only big league team in town and have monopoly over sports fans. When there’s no market Competition organisations regress. 

I agree with that. Ownership seems to have decided on permanent mediocrity rather than admitting that the team had to be rebuil5 from the ground up after the 2011 run. Boston did, and after a brief rebuild have been perpetual contenders, but looking now like they will need another rebuild soon. You can bet they won’t hesitate to move old stalwarts when they do. Teams like Montreal, Boston, Toronto, Rangers, Dallas, and LA seem to have no problem with the facts of reality. 

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

glad I pvr'd the game so that I could zip thru it quickly.

anyone know the Canucks record wins/losses in noon games. From my recollection, we suck at any game that is played before 2pm

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm hoping we start seeing trades sooner than later, seeing Horvat hunched over on the bench was a bit worrisome 

Worst case scenario would be high value trade assets like Horvat and Kuzmenko somehow getting seriously hurt, or hurt at all 

The longer management deliberates the longer we tempt fate 

I think something that is missed among fans is accrued cap space, the closer we get to the deadline, the less actual cap hit for the season teams have to take on for this year, which will make it easier to trade our players in a cap crunched league.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

37 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Except for Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Studnicka, Joshua, Lazar, Bear, Dermott and Delia, none of whom were Benning acquistions. But sure, blame Benning, I guess.

The thing is...most of those players are performing well  or decent while the core and top players and highest paid (from the Benning era) aren't pulling their weight with exception of 2. Listing Dermott who's barely played this year and an AHL goalie (Delia) who's actually putting up good numbers along with 2 fourth liners who don't even play every game is pretty ignorant honestly lol The fact of the matter is the TEAM isn't performing and Benning has just as big a part in that as anyone.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

I think something that is missed among fans is accrued cap space, the closer we get to the deadline, the less actual cap hit for the season teams have to take on for this year, which will make it easier to trade our players in a cap crunched league.

True- however the Canucks can retain salary, which makes other team's cap trouble a minimal concern.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

We could retain that amount though, on expiring contracts. Then the acquiring team gets the player for more games, and we lessen the risk of a trade chip getting injured and having no value. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Vintage 1

Missed the game.......I get more excited these days doing a search for the Canucks news to see if anything of actual significance these days (i.e. a change in personnel) will happen.  I love seeing the Canucks win, but at this stage of the season it's actually worse to win.....like it or not.  

People can rightfully trash on JB's moves (the OEL trade being the biggest), but we now have a bigger management team (good decision) with arguably worse results (poor execution).  If they don't make huge wholesale changes (i.e. move Miller, move Brock, move Bo) in the next 2 weeks, they are just going to keep this team back for longer.

Losing patience and likely my interest......

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Nah, I get it. But given we should probably be retaining 50% on Bo's deal anyway I think we should be looking at deals sooner than later. 

Kuzmenko's bargain bin cap hit won't be impacted much by waiting either, same goes for Schenn. It's part of why they're such valuable trade chips. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

15 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Are you reading my posts BOZO?

If you are, you'd see that I have been talking about team defense as the key problem for the last 4 years.

But that doesn't change the fact the non-call was a poor decision on the part of the Refs.

Haven't heard someone get called bozo in a long time lol well done.

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1