The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks management is a disgrace for the way they've disrespected Bruce Boudreau this season

Rate this topic

Miss Korea Bob.Loblaw

7 hours ago, Provost said:

The only way this gets better (worse) is if Tocchet is announced as the new coach and gets denied entry trying to cross the border with his criminal conviction.   :D

I am ready for any possible scenario as I just assume the organization will keep finding a new bottom at this point.

Yeah, hiring tocchet doesnt make it better, imo.  It's just adding to the suck. 

Edited by stawns

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Winning could change that. If they make changes and things turn around, all will be forgotten by many here.

BUT, if they make changes and it's more of the same? Oh boy. This thing's spiralling downward. So we'll see what JR and company get accomplished. I'm not really holding out much hope based on what I've seen so far. Behind the scenes, there are seemingly issues. So fixing things starts there.

You’re right about winning. It solves all problems. I just don’t see it happening anytime soon with how the front office is doing things. 

• Cheers 1

How this management has treated Bruce is horrendous and yet a black eye on the franchise. It’s truly disgusting.

Add the comments about horvat the better he plays the more well get were also low class. 

JR and Francesco must get along great both low class slim balls. 

we truely are a classless bottom feeder organization. 

Great way to entice young players to want to sign here treat the heart and soul guys like cattle and publicly humiliate the coach. 

Embarrassing time to be a Canuck fan on and off the ice. 
thanks Francesco for ruining this franchise. 

38 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

Guys, is it normal to miss Jim Benning? :frantic:

Yeah because what he did to linden was so classy. 
i bet there still buddies. Lol. 
and he assembled such a fantastic team. 

missing JB is like missing the turd you just flushed down the toilet. 

• RoughGame 1

Snowball rolling down a hill, gets huge at the end.

End of last season, the ball rolling down the hill got started.

End of season presser:

would have gone a whole lot better if JR had said " We are pleased with how the season went under Bruce; and will work on firming up a couple of little details. We will do a few tweaks, in the coaching dept. and a player or two will be moved."

Goes over much better than " We are terribly concerned by our lack of system play, and WHAT???  Bruce has an extra year on his deal, that we didn't know about?"

Clown show from that moment forward.

Now that big ole snow ball is about to wipe out the little village at the bottom of the hill.

Self inflicted wounds are the worst.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

I'm willing to have some patience with this group for a lot of things, I mean Benning got 8 years to barely move the needle. That said, not a fan of how they have dealt with Boudreau right from the bad training camp comments to now with the will they/won't they fire him. Bruce is a great guy and does not deserve this.

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So why did we sign him knowing that this might be a reality that we would have to face? This is the utter lack of planning that this management didn't prepare us for.

You mentioned that this management had prepared us for something big, but I really struggle to see how you can make a solid case for that viewpoint.

Remember the phrase "major surgery"?  I don't know what that means if it's not preparing fans for big changes.

I think people need to understand that the terrible performance that we have seen this year has necessitated deeper changes than they had originally planned.  Things do change over time

• Cheers 1

The way they are treating Boudreau is terrible. However this team hasn't been successful in forever besides a couple mirage playoff appearances.

Sometimes change is tough, I will still reserve my opinion on management until after this trade deadline, draft,  and free agency period/off season.

With Boudreau and Horvat this team is still one of the worst in the league so regardless, change is needed.

You can't deny that JR inherited one of the biggest messes if not THE BIGGEST MESS in the league contractually.

If he builds a winner all will be forgiven (except for his public criticism and treatment of Boudreau).

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs

23 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'm missing Arthur Griffiths

The Griffiths family was the best owner Canucks ever had!!! They were class A owners no doubt about it!!! 

The Canucks is full of drama this season!!! Definitely can make a realty tv show out of this season!!! Netflix...I am sure the owners would love to make more money for the sake of it!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I wasn't gonna say anything, but this is my thread and you have shifted the narrative towards contract numbers.  There is a place and time to talk about Miller's contract and the fate of Horvat, but it's not here.

This thread is specifically about management's mistreatment of Boudreau to the literal breaking point.  There's nothing wrong with a coaching bump, but you don't string the dead horse (aka Bruce) along for months and expect to get away with it.

This "conversation" has gone on for a long time and has involved a lot of posters and has morphed into something that it wasn't originally.  These threads have a way of doing that.  But you're right, it's about Boudreau and I made my point a long time ago.  It has become a full on attack on all things Rutherford.

Rutherford shouldn't have said anything publicly but he was placed in an awkward position when ownership hired the coach and wasn't clear about the terms

Ownership really let Benning and Green fester way past the “best before” date as well.. (funny because meddling management in my mind is overly quick with the trigger finger.)

I wonder if the hold up is bringing a whole new staff on board - not just Tocchet (if he’s the guy) but a full (or close to full) battery of assistants as well.   I really think it hurt Bruce when he lost Scott Walker and Brad Shaw.  Need to lock up the full staff.

In that case, we need some leadership from management or ownership to provide a bit of clarity.  Let Bruce go and be upfront with Yeo, Cull and King that it’s theirs for the rest of the year.

29 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

The way they are treating Boudreau is terrible. However this team hasn't been successful in forever besides a couple mirage playoff appearances.

Sometimes change is tough, I will still reserve my opinion on management until after this trade deadline, draft,  and free agency period/off season.

With Boudreau and Horvat this team is still one of the worst in the league so regardless, change is needed.

You can't deny that JR inherited one of the biggest messes if not THE BIGGEST MESS in the league contractually.

If he builds a winner all will be forgiven (except for his public criticism and treatment of Boudreau).

Agree with you, this management needs time and some room. 

This team's contracts aren't anywhere close to being the worst in the league. I wouldn't have traded spots with 5-6 other teams last year in terms of contracts (Wild, Sharks of the top of my head). 

Anyways let's all chill and enjoy the crashing and burning. 

Top 5 pick this year would be amazing! Michkov is Bure 2.0. 

16 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly though, the way management and ownership are treating Bruce isn't going unnoticed by media around the league, or by players or fans of other teams. It's not just Canucks fans who think the way he's being treated is shit. 

It's embarrassing that we'd trot out a coach with his record, longevity, and obvious passion for the game as a dead man walking day after day. He deserves better than this even if he hasn't been able to get winning results from the roster this season. 

This all boils down and leads back to The #1 problem with this organization - Aqua-Lini !    He created this mess !  End of Story!

#Canucks Need New Owners

• There it is 1

9 hours ago, IRR said:

People want to be critical about some of the things that have gone on over the last few years, that’s 100% fair. The treatment of Bruce, even more fair…I hate it! But, you and a handful of others need to grow up and stop with the constant and consistent toxic negativity!! Plus, the constant and consistent stating your opinions / assumptions as facts! There’s being critical, having constructive criticism and discussing things, then there’s what the few of you are doing…it’s f’n exhausting and consumes every thread!!!

Oh, and say what you guys always say…..you don’t like it, block me! Or, how about growing up and taking responsibility and changing!! 

So you suggest censoring opinions just because management has earned this response and needs to be ran out of town?  If Rutherford had done anything to deserve treating him with respect, he would get some.  I will continue defending my team against this worthless parasite.  The toxic negativity is 100% on JR and won't go away until he is replaced.

Edited by King Heffy