The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

So I thought about this a bit and I think the return's actually alright.

- Beauvillier's no Horvat obviously but I don't think this return is about him.

- Raty was supposed to be the 1st overall pick in 2021 before he fell off a cliff. He's shown a ton of improvement since though and could be the dark horse of all of this.

- NYI is currently out of a playoff spot but up there enough in the standings that we might just get a 13th overall pick. If not, then we have the chance of an even higher pick next draft

It's actually a pretty good return to be honest.

There is also the fact that this could help solidify the Canucks spot in the top of the draft.

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Not really....the consensus market value for a player like Bo was a 1st, a prospect and a roster player...which is exactly what they got. It's fair value.

No, no it's not.  They gained no cap space, picked up a small winger they don't need and couldn't even negotiate anything better than top 12 protected

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If Bo doesn’t re-sign there, they got fleeced. They’re best prospect and a middle pick in a deep draft for a rental. A rental for a non-Playoff team LOL

It's a scary move for LOU that's for sure... its a huge bet by LOU and if anything I think we should be watching it from Isles perspective as they got a lot more ridding on this trade than we do..yikes for Isles.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

For that return, I bet actual contenders are kicking themselves right now. 

Makes you wonder what kind of lowball offers the contenders were offering. Their loss, but it could also be NYI's loss if they can't re-sign Horvat.  Thanks for the stuff Lou!

3 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Not really....the consensus market value for a player like Bo was a 1st, a prospect and a roster player...which is exactly what they got. It's fair value.

Imagine if Bo got hurt before he got traded. Glad it's done and we can see how it develops. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am gonna lose my sh*t with people complaining about a protected 1st. Y'ALL WERE LITERALLY OFFERING BO TO CAROLINA FOR THEIR FIRST. What are you even on about at this point? It's literally bitching for the sake of bitching. Lol. This pick is more likely to be in the teens than in the late 20s. Like, do y'all even think about stuff before you complain? Is an unprotected Carolina 1st better than a top 12 protected Islanders 1st? Or does it just sound better to your 12 IQ brain? I can't, I actually can't. Y'all are something else.

People also surprised we had to take cap back. Look at capfriendly and tell me which teams can take 5+mil in cap and not send any out. You can't and you won't. Cause you assume you can just get 2 top prospects and top 10 picks for our players for reasons. Guy is a friggin' UFA. Why y'all actually thought we were getting team's 3 best prospects, no cap back, and without retention is wild to me. This forum might drive me to drinking.

preach GIF

1 minute ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Bedard you'll complain?

but that is the thing

you have only so many spots for small guys

we have Quinn, makes Rathbone redundant

we have Garland and now Bouvillier, Bedard makes them both redundant

or we continue on this Team Smurf adventure we have been on

3 minutes ago, tas said:

do the canucks now turn around and flip beauvillier? whats his value as a standalone?

Probably not imo

Maybe if they retain closer to 50% of his cap, otherwise probably not, given he's got a season left on his deal I doubt it'd ever happen though

He's an undersized winger who provides complimentary offense

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/anthony-beauvillier

Maybe we'd get a 3rd, maybe a 2nd if he's productive while here 

Edited by Coconuts

22 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Decent deal. Looking forward to watching Raty in Abby. Hogs - Raty - Podz.

Best of luck to Bo, nothing but good things to say about him.

Pettersson, it’s all yours.

Hoglander Raty Podkolzin - potentially our future 3rd or 2nd line? Either way, instant inductees to the all name team.