The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aatu Räty | #27 | C

DSVII

Definitely a good prospect and excited to see him develop. Hopefully they send him to Abbotsford to center Podkolzin and Hoglander for the rest of the season. 

He seems to have struggled slightly this season adjusting to North America, but if all goes well I think he will be a similar player to Bo in his prime.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Skilled forward with size and willingness to play physically, and who could reasonably play C at the NHL level? Solid acquisition. The Canucks have basically no one in the pipeline with Raty's profile. The only question I have is whether Raty will really pan out as a C - if he can and if he can do it at a level that comes close to his potential, then he should be able to contribute positively to the NHL Canucks soon.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I hope so too. With the Sedin's assisting in coaching him he could be a real steal. He is only 20 so lots of time to fully develop him IMO.

He's a very good center prospect and there's certainly lots of time for him to develop into something 

He's no slam dunk though, time will tell 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Hes coming in to a good Ahl group thats really vibing.

He will get to play a big role and maybe build some chemistry with Podkolzin and or Hoglander. Maybe even Karlsson.

Excited to see him there and he will start getting familiar with the fans, market and city here. 

Really happy they aren't rushing them/him and are committing to the development of them the proper way to give them the best chance aaa becoming the best player they could be.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2