The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aatu Räty | #27 | C

DSVII

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think Hronek, new Beau, and Raty will always be compared to old Bo in our market. We still talk about the Linden trade and how that set up for the development of our most successful teams ever. This trade has a similar potential. 

Yes, so far the trade is looking very good for the Nucks.  I like what Raty brings to the C position, although I

am unsure as to how good he will be.  If he finds a way to put his skills all together and improve his

skating, he could end up as a 2C, but for now, I think he has another season in Abby and then onward and

upward with the Canucks.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yes, so far the trade is looking very good for the Nucks.  I like what Raty brings to the C position, although I

am unsure as to how good he will be.  If he finds a way to put his skills all together and improve his

skating, he could end up as a 2C, but for now, I think he has another season in Abby and then onward and

upward with the Canucks.

Fortunately Raty’s greatest strength is his extremely high hockey smarts. The best 200 foot players are over the top quick game processors. Snd those guys go t need to be overly fleet of foot. ROR, PB, and others use their brains to be ahead of the play. Raty will for sure be a defensively sound centre. The question is whether he will be enough of an offensive threat to fill the 2C role (and push JTM to wing) or whether he tops out as a 3C and is more like Malholtra. 

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

I think Bo is a 7 mil player on the absolute high end. I really like the way that JR handled the negotiation, and did not cave on a career season that most thought was unstainable.

Bo: 18gp, 9 points, -3

Beau: 18gp, 16 points, +1

We haven't missed Bo at all, and still have a top4 D and very good prospect to add from this deal.  One of our best trades in recent memory.

I agree Bo got over paid, glad it wasn't us. We coul have used him but for around 7m at most imo.

The key thing people are forgetting to mention when comparing stats is NYI are winning quite a bit since Bo arrived AND Barzal has been injured for most of that time. Take Pettersson away from Vancouver's lineup and do you honestly think Beau's stats are as good as they are?!? Chances are they would be lower without a healthy Petey

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

upward with the Canucks.

Hope we don't rush Raty, still is young. I am sure he will get NHL games next year but he dosen't have to make it out of training camp imo or not with high expectations. See how he does for Abbotsford during the playoffs and I would be curious if Tocchet and or management may ask some players to either stay back all off season or come back quite early to get an early start on training. Maybe team brings in some specialty coaches like a former player like Oates as an example to come to Vancouver and work with X amount of players regarding certain areas of the game.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Neutral said:

I agree Bo got over paid, glad it wasn't us. We coul have used him but for around 7m at most imo.

The key thing people are forgetting to mention when comparing stats is NYI are winning quite a bit since Bo arrived AND Barzal has been injured for most of that time. Take Pettersson away from Vancouver's lineup and do you honestly think Beau's stats are as good as they are?!? Chances are they would be lower without a healthy Petey

It was a fantastic trade for us. At 68 million a player should be the one driving his line. Bo is a supporting role guy. 

3 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Sure, but if you demand a 8x8.5 deal, you are paid to produce regardless of who is the lineup. If you get paid to be the guy, you need to play like it.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Sure, but if you demand a 8x8.5 deal, you are paid to produce regardless of who is the lineup. If you get paid to be the guy, you need to play like it.  

To be fair, Bo's contract doesn't start until next season, so the Islanders are getting what they are paying for.:bigblush:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

To be fair, Bo's contract doesn't start until next season, so the Islanders are getting what they are paying for.:bigblush:

Honestly that’s a great point. Same can be said for JTM who is massively outperforming his current deal

• Cheers 1

How is this trade not a massive win for us,

JT and EP in beast mode now, no grumblings of room attitude issues, JT said "its fun to come to the rink again,"

Beauvillier out pacing Bo at less than half the money (for next year)

That Bo contract will not age well, when he is 33 getting 40 points and being a +3 on the year how will 8.5 look ?

plus we flipped the first for a sure fire top 2 d man...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

How is this trade not a massive win for us,

JT and EP in beast mode now, no grumblings of room attitude issues, JT said "its fun to come to the rink again,"

Beauvillier out pacing Bo at less than half the money (for next year)

That Bo contract will not age well, when he is 33 getting 40 points and being a +3 on the year how will 8.5 look ?

plus we flipped the first for a sure fire top 2 d man...

1. Bos game doesn't live and die by point production. He's a leader and one of the best faceoff men in the league. If not the best. 

2. About as good as millers I guess...

3. I live next to Detroit and got to see hronek play a lot. He's good but he's not what you think he is.

• Cheers 2

On 3/17/2023 at 3:22 PM, Neutral said:

I have always thought Horvat is a very good player say GP 75 - G 26-30 --PTS 60-65 PTS-- WORTH 6.9--7.4 million X 8 yrs 

Horvát was on a pace for 60 G-- 96 PTS at one point.... He is not a 70 point guy. His pace is more normal now.

2022-23 Van. - GP 49 - G 31 - PTS 54 -- One time thing.

2022-23 NYI -  Gp 19- G  5 - PTS   9 ---36 point pace now playing under pace he should be at --  (  60--65 point guy )

• Cheers 2
  • elephant 1

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I have always thought Horvat is a very good player say GP 75 - G 26-30 --PTS 60-65 PTS-- WORTH 6.9--7.4 million X 8 yrs 

Horvát was on a pace for 60 G-- 96 PTS at one point.... He is not a 70 point guy. His pace is more normal now.

2022-23 Van. - GP 49 - G 31 - PTS 54 -- One time thing.

2022-23 NYI -  Gp 19- G  5 - PTS   9 ---36 point pace now playing under pace he should be at --  (  60--65 point guy )

BoHo wanted the big contract. He got what he wanted. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Even after BoHo’s huge season and Brock’s two year drop, Boeser still has a career average of 7% higher.

For all the screaming about signing Miller he now has 3 more points over Horvat this year.

Horvat was shooting 22%, which is an absurd stat. On the isles he is shooting 8.9%

Horvat is a good player, nice guy, plays hard but in my mind was horribly overrated. Not physical, bad defensively, doesn’t make his line mates better. Amazing 2nd line center but nothing more than that. 6.5 million is about the most I would pay for Horvat.

I think JT Miller is a better player. Maybe less consistent but he feels like much more of a difference maker when he is on his game. He plays a lot more physical and also is a better playmaker.

Bo also is playing without any elite playmakers right now in my opinion.

He had Petey, JT feeding him on the PP and just playing minutes with these guys.

It kinda makes sense that with no Brazal hes having a tougher time scoring.

But overall looks like the evaluation could be correct by our management team in the end.

I was in the camp trading Miller and signing Bo in the summer sub 7.5 but I am comfortable admitting I may have been very wrong, We will see! It is tough to evaluate though like even the difference in AB production per team is immense.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Bo also is playing without any elite playmakers right now in my opinion.

He had Petey, JT feeding him on the PP and just playing minutes with these guys.

It kinda makes sense that with no Brazal hes having a tougher time scoring.

But overa who will looks like the evaluation could be correct by our management team in the end.

I was in the camp trading Miller and signing Bo in the summer sub 7.5 but I am comfortable admitting I may have been very wrong, We will see! It is tough to evaluate though like even the difference in AB production per team is immense.

AB turns out to be an astute selection. I asked when I first heard the trade announced I naivelt thought whois this kid? This where I think many fans some what like I do know lots about the Vcr roster butnot a lot beyond that, which is why some saying they think Burroughs and others on the eddge of our skills rosteer are OK, I think is there better out there that I'm unaware of/ IMO the Pro scouts have such a bd name I simply don't have a lot of faith in them. however AB was a feather in their hat