The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Coyotes sign Matt Dumba

Just now, Bob.Loblaw said:

1. Dumba is free, Myers is not.

2. Dumba is a slightly better player.  Not $4M better, but at least he can kill penalties and stay out of the box.

Myers would have essentially been free yes.

Dumba is only slightly better you’re right.

I wasn’t aware he could kill penalties. I’m gonna assume not much better than Myers?

3 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I would've been happy with Vancouver paying half of that money.  Surprised he managed to still get $4M this late in the game.

Would you want to play in Arizona for anything less than that :lol:

What that tells me is he felt insulted by what potential contenders were offering and chose the money in a dump like Arizona instead of chasing a cup.

Seems to me that Dumba might have been Plan B for the Penguins if the Karlsson deal fell through. In any event, Arizona will be a good landing spot for Dumba; he'll get all the ice time he wants and likely wants to prove he is still an offensive threat. (Narrator: He is not.) I like him a lot......playing for any team but Vancouver.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Arizona always over-paying for scraps..either to meet the cap floor or just because. What a crap franchise. Move to Quebec already.

Arizona may end up playing in ice rink inside a shopping mall and Bettman will probably still fight for the franchise to stay in Arizona. 

• There it is 1

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Myers would have essentially been free yes.

Dumba is only slightly better you’re right.

I wasn’t aware he could kill penalties. I’m gonna assume not much better than Myers?

Actually, Dumba is okay killing penalties.  Myers is especially bad, compounded by the fact that he himself can't stay out of the box.  So indeed a slightly better player in every regard.  Cheaper.  Younger.  But more injury prone.  Still massively overpaid at $4 million but can be a rental somewhere else for half price.

46 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Would you want to play in Arizona for anything less than that :lol:

What that tells me is he felt insulted by what potential contenders were offering and chose the money in a dump like Arizona instead of chasing a cup.

Well, apparently he trains during the offseason there, so... he's probably totally okay going to the desert.  If I got offered double pay (in the millions) to go somewhere lame for maximum 8 months (maybe less if traded), I'd take it.  Wouldn't you?  It's not like he doesn't get to travel, after all...

3 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

1. Dumba is free, Myers is not.

2. Dumba is a slightly better player.  Not $4M better, but at least he can kill penalties and stay out of the box.

Dumba was also a no show in the bubble.    Meanwhile Myers was bashing everything that moved and getting penalized because he couldn't crouch low enough so there is that too. 

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Provost said:

No one else was giving him that much money.

That is a contract intended to be flipped for a 2nd or 3rd with retention at the deadline.

Classic Arizona, watch him be fed premium offensive minutes to boost his value

• There it is 1