The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:
  1. Thank you Alex Burrows for being an amazing Canuck.
  2. Once again, I'm very sorry, Deb.
  3. Well done, Benning!!!! Crafty trade, and makes me excited for the future. Hopefully this is the proverbial kick in the junk that shuts up the haters for a while.

Maybe the hockey world finally felt a little sympathy for our trials & travails, PB?

Just now, LaBamba said:

Even if Dahlen is a complete bust. We finally got something for a pending UFA. Now I can focus my b!tching on other things. 

If Dahlen is the return I'm over the moon. Have loved his game since before that draft and wanted the Canucks to get hmtheir hands on him in the 2nd. He's one of the best players in the 2nd league in Sweden. That's against men and he's 19. Can score from any angle 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

With our offence the way it is, don't be surprised if he makes the jump. The Canucks need all the offence we can get. 

For sure. My point was, if he were born 2 weeks later, he'd not be eligible to play in Utica until 2018.

This is a HUGE plus in my opinion because it expedites our rebuilding process 

Jonathan Dahlen, C/LW (Timra IK, Allsvenskan)

The son of long time NHL winger Ulf, Jonathan plays a similar game to his father utilizing a nice blend of skill and creativity, though he doesn’t yet have his dad’s height. Despite being on the smaller side, Dahlen plays much bigger than his size as he’s not afraid to battle toward the front of the net and dig in the corners. He’s a pesky player when he’s on the forecheck and is relentless in puck pursuit, often creating a turnover that he sets up for a scoring play. Dahlen has the wrist shot to score, quick and frequently used, as much as be a distributor in the offensive zone, which is considerable owing to high end vision and passing. He has a good first step, even though his overall skating could use refinement to become elite, and his puck hound nature ensures he is always involved in the play. If Dahlen can round out the finer points of his game he may very well wind up being a steal in the second round.

Upside: Feisty scoring forward (Jussi Jokinen) 20-30-50+

7 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Why would Ottawa give up a pretty good prospect for a much older player? 

Attendance at their rink in Kanata hasn't been good so it's possible they're pushing for some playoff success this year to generate some excitement.

Archived