The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dale Tallon (Florida) still interested in Gudbranson {from The Province Provies}

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

Why did Tallon trade him in the first place?

Thats the kicker.  Tallon stepped down and the new GM stripped his division leading team. Then after it was burnt to the ground they brought Tallon back to build it back up. Fits the narrative but I think its more just trying to sell papers.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Don't know if it was or wasn't, but him as the center piece is a bad start as I don't like him all that much for some reason. 

If it included guddy (and i think it was more of a case of vancouver taking demers contact and getting paid for it) the trade probably would have went something like guddy for demers, a blue chip prospect and a 2nd.

Trade Gudbranson and the next day you are in the market for a big d-man who can handle the size now in the West. Wake up call Tryamkin is gone! Edler is not by nature a consistant physical force. IMO Edler feeds off Guddy. 

Fans are excited by a victory over the Oilers but any suggestion that the existing Canuck roster could compete physically with the Oilers over a playoff series is simply not realistic. I do not see EG being traded any time soon. 

Don't know how Benning could do a deal like this....Are either of those players better than McCann ?

The Panthers(who know all players involved), don't think so....

Doubt Tallon would do McCann and a 2nd ?   (BTW that 2nd would be worse than ours was)

Gudbranson will be a tuff one...thought the contract was a real head scratcher by Benning.

I understand the "show me" part....but you probably lose the asset for nothing at the end of the year.

Or more likely, move as a rental

Gudbranson at 5 x 4-4.5m has a lot more value than he has now.

Throw in a first,  not lottery protected,  and then maybe JB considers it if we can't re-sign Quads at a fair price/term.  Hockey has started and there's plenty of real story lines to  discuss yet these guys keep spewing out click-bait garbage.   Guess they couldn't fabricate any bs Boeser rumors after Green shut that down on after hours so they began this made-up garbage. 

I don't like either of the players mentioned. If we're taking a hit on the blueline, or even talking about it this early in the season, I should hope an NHL ready defenseman is part of the package coming back. 

I'm not opposed to moving him, as it seems he could test free agency at the end of the season. McCann is turning into a forward for them, we can't lose the same trade twice by acquiring the aforementioned undersized AHLers. 

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not now, he's our last big D

Chicks dig the big D.

6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Plus I wouldn't pay attention to Botchford anymore...guy has lost severe credibility after he reported Canucks were going to sign Bo Horvat to a bridge deal in mid August.

Does anyone pay attention to Botch and did he ever have any credibility? 

6 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

As the season goes on people will see the value Gudbranson brings to the team. What Tallon sees in him.

No kidding. Did people not see the effectiveness he had on last  nights game? You know Lucic and kassian were itching to rile things up but seemed deterred by Guddy and Dorsett. Don't know how some don't see the benefit of having a balanced team. Guddy is a piece of the puzzle who cannot be taken out, otherwise we get back into the 2011 Boston problems we had and I definitely do not want to go back to that.

Archived