The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Hello CDC, I have been lurking on these boards for almost a decade and never felt the need to create an account or post until now and I can't believe that I had to create an account and wait 24 hours for it to be verified without any one else correcting this. Jett Woo was not invited to the 2020 Team Canada WJC Summer Selection Camp because he turned 20 on July 27th 2020 and is therefore ineligible to participate in the upcoming WJC Tournament in Edmonton. Please stop suggesting one of our best defensive prospects has 'plateaued' or is regressing simply because he was not invited to the selection camp for a tournament that he is not even eligible to participate in. That is all, Thank you.

8AB9206E-29D9-4810-AEEE-F8283B8CD770.gif.f95a9a60fbe9919b17cc921ccaef5730.gif

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Hello CDC, I have been lurking on these boards for almost a decade and never felt the need to create an account or post until now and I can't believe that I had to create an account and wait 24 hours for it to be verified without any one else correcting this. Jett Woo was not invited to the 2020 Team Canada WJC Summer Selection Camp because he turned 20 on July 27th 2020 and is therefore ineligible to participate in the upcoming WJC Tournament in Edmonton. Please stop suggesting one of our best defensive prospects has 'plateaued' or is regressing simply because he was not invited to the selection camp for a tournament that he is not even eligible to participate in. That is all, Thank you.

204CanucksFan - welcome to the CDC and please keep posting.   The amount of disinformation in this site can be unbearable at times.    Even if Woo was a late cut, really how many defenseman are invited?  And how many “WJ” stars disappoint once drafted.   A lot do.   It’s one tournament- the difference between the cream of the crop and the guys that are still figuring it out isn’t that much.   One year makes a difference- two even more.   Woo isn’t a bust or write off - not even close according to some scouts.   And I wish more people wouldn’t just look at stats decide - “well he’s not getting as many points “ because it’s a two-way street with juniors.   Some don’t do much and then explode - just as many already explode and can’t cut the next level.   Woo looks - again according to some - to be a lock.   Kevin Bieksa 2.0. 

Edit:  And fans you need to realize that the WJs does let the best of the next crop do their thing - but it’s never right as far as who’s the next thing.  McDavid was criticized for not dominating as was Crosby which is hilarious.   And Jason Allison should be Wayne Gretzky right! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Could be but in January 2020 when the tourney is held he'd have been 19. I list some of the players

I am hearing defenseman Jett Woo will not be on the Canadian world junior team tryout list coming out today. #Canucks

I tried to find the roster invited  but Hockey Canada no longer show the list. This was the try out for 2019-2020 tourney.
He certainly is not eligible for the 20-21 tourney

2019-2020
For instance Jared McIsaac has a DOB 27/3/20   Kevin Bahl DOB is 27/6/20 and Woo is 27/7/20 am I missing some thing

Edited by Fred65

On 10/2/2020 at 10:27 AM, 204CanucksFan said:

TIL that Jett Woo has the same Birthday as me (July 27).. cool . lol

• Cheers 1

On 10/2/2020 at 10:27 AM, 204CanucksFan said:

spacer.png 

No, thank you for clarifying!

On 10/2/2020 at 3:38 PM, Fred65 said:

Could be but in January 2020 when the tourney is held he'd have been 19. I list some of the players

I am hearing defenseman Jett Woo will not be on the Canadian world junior team tryout list coming out today. #Canucks

I tried to find the roster invited  but Hockey Canada no longer show the list. This was the try out for 2019-2020 tourney.
He certainly is not eligible for the 20-21 tourney

2019-2020
For instance Jared McIsaac has a DOB 27/3/20   Kevin Bahl DOB is 27/6/20 and Woo is 27/7/20 am I missing some thing

I'm puzzled too by this...  either way, I haven't really lost any hope or feel discouraged by Woo's progress. 

His health is #1 in his development, and it sounds like he had a pretty healthy season.  D-Men that aren't named Dahlin take 3-4 years after their draft year to break into the league.  Also looking at that roster for Canada U20s, there are lots of high end picks there.  

What's the latest on Woo as far as where he'll play this year?  Also @204CanucksFan welcome to the boards as a poster :) 

10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm puzzled too by this...  either way, I haven't really lost any hope or feel discouraged by Woo's progress. 

His health is #1 in his development, and it sounds like he had a pretty healthy season.  D-Men that aren't named Dahlin take 3-4 years after their draft year to break into the league.  Also looking at that roster for Canada U20s, there are lots of high end picks there.  

What's the latest on Woo as far as where he'll play this year?  Also @204CanucksFan welcome to the boards as a poster :) 

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Can't wait to see what happens this off season. I still hope and believe that Woo is going to be a fixture on our right side for a long time. GCG.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So with Woo officialy sent down to The AHL, what do you think of him being loaned to an european team where he can get guaranteed games in a top pairing, PP time and all The growing that comes from an adventure like that? I think there should be quite a bit of competition for the spots on a Comets team shared by The Canucks and The Blues 

There is many Teams itching for a defenceman like him, as a Timrå fan i can say we just lost our #1D & PP QB due to a fracture after blocking a shot, wpuld be amazing to get a player like Woo in, an organization known to develop yoing talent and attracting yoing players wanting to take big steps in their career by geting alot of oppurtunities

On 10/4/2020 at 8:51 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

I really liked Woo’s performance in camp. He improved every day from what I could see or hear - his style reminds me of a right shooting Hamhuis or maybe Bieksa without the fisticuffs. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see this kid pushing for a spot in a year or two.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...

Woo can help change the energy of this team with OJ hitting. Tryamkin hitting. We need to make room for Woo. That truculence though, maybe he can be our 11/7 - 4th liner. Plus if a defenseman gets hurt during a game he'd slide right back and we'd never get caught short handed. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1