The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

4 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

i didnt really pay attention to that years draft much, was Dal Colle suppose to go that high?

Yup or atleast in the nhl draft prieview he was , same with Jake. 

That whole draft was a mess and you could make a case that only the oilers got their money worth of a top ten pick that year , none of them really lived up to their hype in my books but I was happy Jake came to us and Jake as he is now is better then any prospect Gillis drafted other then Bo , so I've never been worried about Jake cause he has already did something very few Canucks prospects have been able to do and that's make and stick with the team.....

After tonight’s game I wouldn’t trade Virtanen for Nylander or Ehlers straight up.  Jake will be a stud and much more valuable in the playoffs than the other two.  Jake will be hitting guys through the boards come playoff time while Nylander will be skating around the bench combing his hair.  If you don’t believe me watch the highlights of the Leafs playoff games last year.  Willie was nearly invisible.  

Also, if Virtanen was playing with Matthews or Tavares instead of Gaudette and averaging 18 minutes a night he’d probably have just ss many points as Nylander if not more.  Not to mention all the extra PP time.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

After tonight’s game I wouldn’t trade Virtanen for Nylander or Ehlers straight up.  Jake will be a stud and much more valuable in the playoffs than the other two.  Jake will be hitting guys through the boards come playoff time while Nylander will be skating around the bench combing his hair.  If you don’t believe me watch the highlights of the Leafs playoff games last year.  Willie was nearly invisible.  

Also, if Virtanen was playing with Matthews or Tavares instead of Gaudette and averaging 18 minutes a night he’d probably have just ss many points as Nylander if not more.  Not to mention all the extra PP time.

He caught whiff of that RFA money they’ve been handing out and was like Oooo

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I hate Willy Nylander's face precisely because he is a Maple Leaf.

What's wrong with that?  Look at my user name for gods sake....

Nothing's wrong with disliking someone based on the team they play for. 

It's just repugnant to see some Canucks fans talk about Nylander being a girl when these same fans get indignant when fans of other teams call Henrik and Daniel the Sedin Sisters. 

Plus, calling someone a girl or effeminate in a derogatory way is really an attitude that should be retired to the past. There's nothing wrong with being a girl or looking like one in the 21st century. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Clock Tower Prison said:

It's just repugnant to see some Canucks fans talk about Nylander being a girl when these same fans get indignant when fans of other teams call Henrik and Daniel the Sedin Sisters. 

Plus, calling someone a girl or effeminate in a derogatory way is really an attitude that should be retired to the past. There's nothing wrong with being a girl or looking like one in the 21st century. 

Willie Nylander is pretty, so are Brad Pitt and Robert Redford.  Nothing wrong with being pretty.  WN is soft as friggin’ Charmin though, and a Double Flamingo.  

A57452EB-397C-4E7F-A43C-3905492F02D0.jpeg

• Upvote 1

One big change compared to him in the past is he is keeping his head up quite often . This is enabling him to make better decisions , good passes etc. A good sign of confidence , loved him taking that bullet slapper on the powerplay catching iron vs the flames. He is feeling it , hope he keeps improving . 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Clock Tower Prison said:

Oh god....everyone gets so offended these days.

Really tiring.

I could not care less whether wee Willie wants his Ontario driver license to say 'other'.  :ph34r:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Clock Tower Prison said:

See I don't have a problem with Leaf players heck I loved watching tucker and other players over the years so I don't like Willie cause the way he plays the game , he has a yellow streek a mile wide ( I don't think that offeneds the colour yellow ha)   and I don't like players like that. 

Also I'm a proud member of the club that thought the  Sedins were sisters( I'm not talking about their leadership off the ice but on) I have kes above them anyday. 

Also you are soft my boy lol need to thicken that skin up a bit and I'm not talking a spray on tan either or trying to grow a sad beard either or stash , most girls laugh when they hear that or atleast the ones I've known cause if you've ever watched a woman's college game or anything , they can get nasty and it's great hockey. 

4 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

See I don't have a problem with Leaf players heck I loved watching tucker and other players over the years so I don't like Willie cause the way he plays the game , he has a yellow streek a mile wide ( I don't think that offeneds the colour yellow ha)   and I don't like players like that. 

Also I'm a proud member of the club that thought the  Sedins were sisters( I'm not talking about their leadership off the ice but on) I have kes above them anyday. 

Also you are soft my boy lol need to thicken that skin up a bit and I'm not talking a spray on tan either or trying to grow a sad beard either or stash , most girls laugh when they hear that or atleast the ones I've known cause if you've ever watched a woman's college game or anything , they can get nasty and it's great hockey. 

Why are the Sedins "sisters"? Which players on our current roster would you describe as "sisters"? 

6 minutes ago, Toews said:

Why are the Sedins "sisters"? Which players on our current roster would you describe as "sisters"? 

Why are they sisters? Cause they never stood up for themselves and the whole turn the cheek b.s started with them....so no love lost for me. 

on this roster none thank god! Be different if we drafted Willie though lol

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Why are they sisters? Cause they never stood up for themselves and the whole turn the cheek b.s started with them....so no love lost for me. 

on this roster none thank god! Be different if we drafted Willie though lol

I really don't think it's fair to refer to players that thrived by playing almost entirely in the dirty areas as "sisters". 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Jake Virtanen has more goals this season than — Tyler Seguin, Jeff Skinner, Johnny Gaudreau, Alex Debrincat, Jamie Ben, Phil Kessel, and Nicklas Backstrom. Virtanen is quietly having a great season.

the thing that surprises me the most is not the goals Jake has, its the goals the above list hasn't scored! Especially Sequin, Gaudreau and Benn for how good of players these guys are they are hardly noticeable in games.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I really don't think it's fair to refer to players that thrived by playing almost entirely in the dirty areas as "sisters". 

I do sorry , we have to agree to disagree on that. 

I won't go into anymore cause it will just throw off this thread even more 

On 12/28/2019 at 8:27 PM, Warhippy said:

But...Ehlerzzzz Nylanderzzzzz

Jake's a frigging BEAUTY!!!!!

On 12/29/2019 at 7:22 PM, Warhippy said:

Dude.

Jake's an absolute gem eh.

You two are totally bang on.  The kid is quietly having a career year and since it's on the back of a trio of development years his next contract should be a 3-4 year term with a decent cap hit while he grows in to himself.

Kid's a gamer, 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

One big change compared to him in the past is he is keeping his head up quite often . This is enabling him to make better decisions , good passes etc. A good sign of confidence , loved him taking that bullet slapper on the powerplay catching iron vs the flames. He is feeling it , hope he keeps improving . 

His zone entries have been wayyyh more effective.  Not taking the useless perimeter shots every time he gains the line, now he’s holding the puck and making things happen one way or another. 

• Cheers 1