The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

4 hours ago, bree2 said:

well he wasn't great in the San Jose game on the 1st line. I saw him floating and not finishing his checks. he did score a goal ,but that was on the pp2

Bree will you give it a rest...its like every day in almost every thread all you post about is how jake isn't good on the first line and to put boeser back in. We get it. You like boeser. But jake for the last little stretch has been playing better than him on that line. I'm sure he'll get back in the top 6 soon but let's not rag on jake because you want boeser back with Petey and Miller. You point out that jake wasn't good in sj? The entire team stunk in the first two periods, not just jake. And when boeser was put back temporarily on the first line, one of his first plays was a BRUTAL turnover in the neutral zone that led to a dangerous scoring chance against.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Bree will you give it a rest...its like every day in almost every thread all you post about is how jake isn't good on the first line and to put boeser back in. We get it. You like boeser. But jake for the last little stretch has been playing better than him on that line. I'm sure he'll get back in the top 6 soon but let's not rag on jake because you want boeser back with Petey and Miller. You point out that jake wasn't good in sj? The entire team stunk in the first two periods, not just jake. And when boeser was put back temporarily on the first line, one of his first plays was a BRUTAL turnover in the neutral zone that led to a dangerous scoring chance against.

29 minutes ago, Kushman said:

actually I never said Jake wasn't good, what I said was last game he wasn't that good on the 1st line in San Jose he was very good on the pp2 tho.  but okay I will give it a rest!

• Cheers 2

On 1/30/2020 at 3:00 PM, Lancaster said:

I mean... Kassian only finally arrived as a true NHLer last season... which is still a year older than Jensen now.  

No disrespect to Kass, I love that he finally got his life sorted out and his game together, but I’m pretty sure even I could pot 10 goals playing alongside McDavid.

15 hours ago, Kushman said:

Yep, before Jake was playing on the first line, he was playing with Gaudette and making that line better. That’s how he earned a spot on the first line. Tonight we just saw Jake have a great shift reunited with a Gaudette and Roussel and they dominated Buffalo for the entire shift and our fourth line scored on an exhausted Buffalo unit, unable to get off the ice. 

Next season I would not be surprised to see Jake with some PK time.

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yep, before Jake was playing on the first line, he was playing with Gaudette and making that line better. That’s how he earned a spot on the first line. Tonight we just saw Jake have a great shift reunited with a Gaudette and Roussel and they dominated Buffalo for the entire shift and our fourth line scored on an exhausted Buffalo unit, unable to get off the ice. 

Next season I would not be surprised to see Jake with some PK time.

Did we play Buffalo last night?

On 1/31/2020 at 11:42 AM, The 5th Line said:

He played like hot garbage, he looked like he was eating nothing but hot garbage and the team was hot garbage.  You're making it sound like I had a say in if he got traded or not... I've been waiting for him to show up and actually look like a hockey player...now he has....now I'm happy...see how this works?

loop hole GIF

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 10:23 AM, StealthNuck said:

Do: Talk about Virtanen.

Don't: Slag each other non-stop. 

If some of you can't post respectfully I'm happy to give you a break for a couple weeks. 

This thread has been derailed more times than a 3 eyed billy goat getting hit by a semi-truck in the middle of Manhattan

On 12/28/2019 at 8:27 PM, Warhippy said:

Jake's a frigging BEAUTY!!!!!

On 12/29/2019 at 7:22 PM, Warhippy said:

Dude.

Jake's an absolute gem eh.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, Warhippy said:

You two are totally bang on.  The kid is quietly having a career year and since it's on the back of a trio of development years his next contract should be a 3-4 year term with a decent cap hit while he grows in to himself.

Kid's a gamer, 

You three are absolutely right.  This kid looks like he has finally arrived and it was worth the wait.  It's like you're all reading my mind or something

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Dusted him all the way to Pittsburgh

What did the spitting Chiclets squad say?

Basically good on Zucker for droppjng his mitts for the first time. But that as soon as he saw a tattoo sleeve, he had to know he was about to get dummied!!

And Biz went on to pump Jake's tires, saying he didn't know he had that in him and he's turning into well rounded player.

The whole.episode is good. Tim Stapleton is a freaking beauty!!!

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Can someone clarify is Jake a type 2 restricted free agent? Is there a chance another team decides to be evil and give him an offer sheet? I know Gaudette is offer sheet exempt. 

Jake will be open to offer sheets, after July 1 if we don’t have him locked up.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, Alflives said:

Jake will be open to offer sheets, after July 1 if we don’t have him locked up.  

i really don't think we have anything to worry about with regards to an offer sheet for Jake. 

he's had a good season, but c'mon guys, this is ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Virtanen's been really quiet this month.

His play has taken a step back from that solid stretch he was on.

Yeah, i was going to also say this. he's cooled off considerably. 

do you think management doesn't want him to hit 40-45 points? Because if he does that, he deserves a significant raise from what he's currently getting. 

30-35 points? Probably 3-3.5 million. that's more affordable, no? 

I think he will get close to 40 points, I don't see him going on a cold streak without even a point the next 23 games. maybe 5-7 points? That'll bring him just under 40 points.