The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

On 2017-04-19 at 2:02 AM, Boeser6 said:

I'd like to see them give him one more year in the AHL regardless of how he does in camp. Let's not repeat the same error of rushing him again just because he seems to be on the cusp of being ready.

That video is night and day from his performance in the NHL so clearly he's improving - I'd rather have him go down, hone the things he still needs to work on, start dominating offensively at that level and come up with confidence and polish to his game

They often say, you want players who when they get called up, never look back - give him a year to get to that point. Just my opinion

It looks like the light bulb is finally going off for Jake. When Green becomes the next Canucks coach, he will already have a great repor and know what the coach wants. Jake will be a valuable piece to this team, especially with a physical presence like Tryamkin bailing. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Does this mean we get rid of Ried Boucher, Michael Chaput, Jason Megna, Drew Shore, Jack Skille, Anton Rodin, and Griffen Molino? 

If it comes down to it I take Gaunce as 4C over Chaput. I thought Rodin had resigned in the SHL. Still undecided on Molino. I think all these guys will come to camp if they have contracts. New coach looks at things differently sometimes. I doubt Shore and Skille will be resigned.

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If it comes down to it I take Gaunce as 4C over Chaput. I thought Rodin had resigned in the SHL. Still undecided on Molino. I think all these guys will come to camp if they have contracts. New coach looks at things differently sometimes. I doubt Shore and Skille will be resigned.

I can't find any info on Rodin since his surgery in Feb.,

I think he is still Canucks property though....I also think he is a top 9 player for us if he is good to go....it is his "split" kneecap bone that is the concern but I see a Radulov type player in Rodin ( not as big as Radulov granted), he can steal pucks, play keep away, pass and shot with the best of them.

Jake has to work on his shot accuracy and work ethic....I think he makes the team at some point next year though.

3 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I can't find any info on Rodin since his surgery in Feb.,

I think he is still Canucks property though....I also think he is a top 9 player for us if he is good to go....it is his "split" kneecap bone that is the concern but I see a Radulov type player in Rodin ( not as big as Radulov granted), he can steal pucks, play keep away, pass and shot with the best of them.

Jake has to work on his shot accuracy and work ethic....I think he makes the team at some point next year though.

Rodin signed a 1 year Canuck deal so I doubt they have his rights anymore. I have been saying that he signed in the SHL for next year but cannot find any supporting info and cannot remember where I saw/heard that. He is 26 years old now.

Vancouver's prospect pool is filling up with smaller players (175 to 190 pounds). Benning has to get quality size and skills to be competitive, especially in the Pacific division. The Oilers will have a lock for years to come otherwise.  

11 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Does this mean we get rid of Ried Boucher, Michael Chaput, Jason Megna, Drew Shore, Jack Skille, Anton Rodin, and Griffen Molino? 

Megna and Molino are likely for Utica, Chaput probably has a good shot at resigning but likely for Utica as well.  Rodin is a question mark but if he's here he makes the roster otherwise he'd head back home.  Boucher is on the bubble depending what happens this summer, but like Cramarossa they'll probably qualify him.  Good depth guys, could end up on waivers.  Shore and Skille are likely the guys on the outside, with a shot at 2-way deals if they want them otherwise they're likely off to apply for jobs elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

I think theres a very real possibility Virt becomes a Tom Wilson 2.0 and as disappointing as that is as a 6th overall pick given Jakes career trajectory so far I can live with that. Wilson is an animal.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Megna and Molino are likely for Utica, Chaput probably has a good shot at resigning but likely for Utica as well.  Rodin is a question mark but if he's here he makes the roster otherwise he'd head back home.  Boucher is on the bubble depending what happens this summer, but like Cramarossa they'll probably qualify him.  Good depth guys, could end up on waivers.  Shore and Skille are likely the guys on the outside, with a shot at 2-way deals if they want them otherwise they're likely off to apply for jobs elsewhere.

I'm hoping the Canucks qualify Cramrossa, I know he had a short showing but he's exactly the type of fourth line winger this team needs. Provides energy, hits anything that moves, fights and has decent hands. I'd like to see a fourth line of:

Cramarossa - Gaunce - Dorsett

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I'm hoping the Canucks qualify Cramrossa, I know he had a short showing but he's exactly the type of fourth line winger this team needs. Provides energy, hits anything that moves, fights and has decent hands. I'd like to see a fourth line of:

Not a big fan of Gaunce.

1 hour ago, pluralsight said:

1 hour ago, playboi19 said:

Not a big fan of Gaunce.

I think Gaunce is gone in the ED. And I hope they make a pain in the arse, dzone match up line with Sutter and Dorsett. Crammer on LW works for me. 

6 hours ago, Pickly said:

I think theres a very real possibility Virt becomes a Tom Wilson 2.0 and as disappointing as that is as a 6th overall pick given Jakes career trajectory so far I can live with that. Wilson is an animal.

Bingo. Virt a little bit of a better skater with a better shot. However come playoff time players like Wilson are game changers. Especially when you can play up and down the lineup and still play a pesty, physical game. If Virts floor is Tom Wilson I won't be upset. However I see him achieving a little more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Bingo. Virt a little bit of a better skater with a better shot. However come playoff time players like Wilson are game changers. Especially when you can play up and down the lineup and still play a pesty, physical game. If Virts floor is Tom Wilson I won't be upset. However I see him achieving a little more. 

Same here. I think that Virts will be better. he's got such tantalizing skillset. if he works hard at putting things together, we have a special player on our hands. 

• Upvote 1

I think he still has the potential to be a 2nd line, physical, 20+ goal scorer. 

I think he continues to work hard this summer and surprises at camp and makes the team. Like a few have already said, people will see how valuable he is in playoff hockey. 

I just hope he plays left wing. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

a little better skater?