The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would certainly be curious to hear JR and co's take on him.  I have always been in support of having him here, so I won't give up hope until he signs with another NHL team.  Full leadership change, so maybe that helps as well.

His team is missing the playoffs. 

They have been on a downward slide for a while now. Rebuild time. 

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would certainly be curious to hear JR and co's take on him.  I have always been in support of having him here, so I won't give up hope until he signs with another NHL team.  Full leadership change, so maybe that helps as well.

I guess we will see whether the problem was Benning or whether Tryamkin was playing the Canucks for a better deal back home. I think he want s to stay in Russia. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

His team is missing the playoffs. 

They have been on a downward slide for a while now. Rebuild time. 

Depends on the window of the rebuild/retool.  Tryamkin could be a strong piece for 5 years.  Super unlikely he comes back but feels like he could be a helpful piece within the window still.  Again, likely no chance it happens still.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Depends on the window of the rebuild/retool.  Tryamkin could be a strong piece for 5 years.  Super unlikely he comes back but feels like he could be a helpful piece within the window still.  Again, likely no chance it happens still.

They won't be strong for the next 5 years. He'd be on his own out there. He's not hired to score and that's what they are missing. Plus another child on the way. A growing family on AHL style money? I'm sure he could do better here. Give him Hutton style money. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They won't be strong for the next 5 years. He'd be on his own out there. He's not hired to score and that's what they are missing. Plus another child on the way. A growing family on AHL style money? I'm sure he could do better here. Give him Hutton style money. 

I think a growing family is all the more reason to stay at home where things are stable. The last thing I'd think about with a growing family would be uprooting my family and moving to a foreign country. If the KHL pays like the AHL does, I imagine that any player with a stable roster position makes plenty. Many AHL players make six figures.

26 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think a growing family is all the more reason to stay at home where things are stable. The last thing I'd think about with a growing family would be uprooting my family and moving to a foreign country. If the KHL pays like the AHL does, I imagine that any player with a stable roster position makes plenty. Many AHL players make six figures.

What makes it even more interesting is the stance that Putin is taking.

If Putin does anything to test NATO,.  The Russian economy will implode..  im sure NATO’s answer will target resources that directly effect the way of life in Russia for years to come.

33 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Chances are that's about to change

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Tell that to truckers, traveling sales, transport workers, not everyone can be so close to home 24/7. 

Why not make enough to buy his children and grandchildren homes while he can. 

21 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I guess we will see whether the problem was Benning or whether Tryamkin was playing the Canucks for a better deal back home. I think he want s to stay in Russia

He was pretty committed that first Covid summer to getting himself and Anastacia fluent in English, but then Benning ran out of time.

Things might be different now, ofc., wiith 32 possible destinations this summer

48 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He was pretty committed that first Covid summer to getting himself and Anastacia fluent in English, but then Benning ran out of time.

Things might be different now, ofc., wiith 32 possible destinations this summer

Here is the problem for Tryamkin, as he actually can't sign until August 1, 2022, which is a month after the UFA season. This is a problem, as most teams will not wait that long to fill out their major part of their roster. (you can not build a team on "what if's")

So by the time Tryamkin becomes available, most available cap will have been spent, resulting in Tryamkin having to take lesser money. Not something he really wants to do, if leaving the KHL. His best chance of signing is still Vancouver. It is also a risk for any team wanting to sign him, as what if he does not turn out? Now you have just committed to spending 1.5 to 2 million on a player who can't play. So there is risk to the clubs.

Then there are world tensions, and the question of whether Tryamkin would want to leave mother Russia during this time. Not only Tryamkin, but his darling wife too, who has had a major influence on his decisions until now.

Like I said months go, "it is a hot mess", and I would not put up much hope! 

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Here is the problem for Tryamkin, as he actually can't sign until August 1, 2022, which is a month after the UFA season. This is a problem, as most teams will not wait that long to fill out their major part of their roster. (you can not build a team on "what if's")

So by the time Tryamkin becomes available, most available cap will have been spent, resulting in Tryamkin having to take lesser money. Not something he really wants to do, if leaving the KHL. His best chance of signing is still Vancouver. It is also a risk for any team wanting to sign him, as what if he does not turn out? Now you have just committed to spending 1.5 to 2 million on a player who can't play. So there is risk to the clubs.

Then there are world tensions, and the question of whether Tryamkin would want to leave mother Russia during this time. Not only Tryamkin, but his darling wife too, who has had a major influence on his decisions until now.

Why would he not be able to sign with us untill Aug 2022? (Providing he was loaned out from KHL or Bought Out)

I beleive he is still on our reserve roster ??

this on cap friendly today:

509C4501-2C6E-4FD1-9F02-BF916A45002E.thumb.jpeg.66a033cb20295bc863e9584ee5bab162.jpeg

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Why would he not be able to sign with us untill Aug 2022? (Providing he was loaned out from KHL or Bought Out)

I beleive he is still on our reserve roster ??

this on cap friendly today:

509C4501-2C6E-4FD1-9F02-BF916A45002E.thumb.jpeg.66a033cb20295bc863e9584ee5bab162.jpeg

Sorry SS

I thought I was responding to the other teams that may want to sign him............yes we can anytime

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 2/12/2022 at 5:57 PM, J.I.A.H.N said:

He can sign before then even if he wasn’t on the reserve roster, if he wasn’t on it he cannot join the team or have his contract start until then, doesn’t mean they cannot negotiate or sign it before then so no reason they would get squeezed 

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

He can sign before then even if he wasn’t on the reserve roster, if he wasn’t on it he cannot join the team or have his contract start until then, doesn’t mean they cannot negotiate or sign it before then so no reason they would get squeezed 

Maybe my English is not working very well....................I apologize, if I typed it wrong

The Canucks can sign him anytime before July 1, 2022..........and no one else can( he is Canuck property)

After June 30, 2022, he is a UFA, and anyone, including the Canucks can sign him as a UFA

Sorry, if I was  not clear.

* I must say, I thought it was until August 1, 2022, but Cap friendly says it ends on June 30, 2022