The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Huge opportunity for Gaudette to play on the second line. If he plays good enough he might stay up with the club.  

Baertchi Horvat Boeser

Goldobin Gaudette Eriksson 

Roussel Sutter Virtanen 

Schaller Granlund Motte 

Agreed. A huge opportunity. I hope he can role with it!!

3 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Huge opportunity for Gaudette to play on the second line. If he plays good enough he might stay up with the club.  

Baertchi Horvat Boeser

Goldobin Gaudette Eriksson 

Roussel Sutter Virtanen 

Schaller Granlund Motte 

Knowing Green he's not going to rush Gaudette in.

I predict Granlund or Sutter will move up and Gaudette will play on the fourth.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Goldobin Granlund Eriksson

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Schaller Gaudette Motte

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Schaller Gaudette Motte

Gaudette was practicing between Goldobin and Eriksson in Pittsburgh - the lines posted were the ones at practice.  The bottom-6 are checking lines and Gaudette gets to start in an offensive role.  It's a more sheltered line than the others.  

He was also practicing on PP2 - right-half wall as Goldobin moved from that spot to the 1st unit to replace Pettersson.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mll said:

Gaudette was practicing between Goldobin and Eriksson in Pittsburgh - the lines posted were the ones at practice.

Oh wow didn't realize that.

Well looks like Green is putting alot of faith in him. Why not? Lets see what he's got.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Schaller Gaudette Motte

I think we will make default to the beginning of the season usage   Gaudette into Petterssens second line spot but that line will default back to sheltered minutes until such time it earns more like Petterssens line did.  

thus bo and boeser will be line 1.  Sutter's line will get the hardest and second most minutes.  Granlund line will get defensive usage.  Gaudette line will get sheltered usage.  

Lines may go in a blender a few times.  And I think Gaudette is most successful with Leipsic and Virtanen.  Speed kills and all three have it.  

He centered Utica's top line with Boucher and Archie, was on the 1st PK unit as well as 1st PP, so was being groomed for an impact center role, not a checking role

(Didn't intend to demean checking centers. -  they can have an impact too !!!)

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

He centered Utica's top line with Boucher and Archie, was on the 1st PK unit as well as 1st PP, so was being groomed for an impact center role, not a checking role

(Didn't intend to demean checking centers. -  they can have an impact too !!!)

Kept trying to explain this to folks claiming Beagle was 'blocking' Gaudette.

Management doesn't see him as a 4th line checker.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Kept trying to explain this to folks claiming Beagle was 'blocking' Gaudette.

Management doesn't see him as a 4th line checker.

Maybe even as part of the 1 - 2 punch. ....... Pettersson centering the first line, and Gaudy the second, with Bo as the swing center - Bo can be put out to shut down the other top line, or against the 4th to generate offence, plus PP and PK duty - much like Sutter but younger, with more speed and a better shot.

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Maybe even as part of the 1 - 2 punch. ....... Pettersson centering the first line, and Gaudy the second, with Bo as the swing center - Bo can be put out to shut down the other top line, or against the 4th to generate offence, plus PP and PK duty - much like Sutter but younger, with more speed and a better shot.

I could actually see AG on Horvat's RW at some point down the line as they'd be very complimentary players IMO and would give that line two opposite hand face off options as well. Something like Dahlen, Horvat, Gaudette could be a fantastic 2nd line in a couple years...

Or they could go with the more presumed 1-3 C setup with AG centering a skilled/gritty, 2 way 3rd line (as the league is trending).

Either way, his ceiling is clearly viewed far more as 'middle 6' than 'bottom 6'.

Edited by aGENT

We will likely see when EP returns - will Sutter drop to the 4th, as a purely checking center, leaving Gaudette between Rouselle and Jake, or will they ask Adam to be that checking center (or leave Granny there if he does well in the interim)

It certainly is great to have enough depth now to offer different options to Green

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

We will likely see when EP returns - will Sutter drop to the 4th, as a purely checking center, leaving Gaudette between Rouselle and Jake, or will they ask Adam to be that checking center (or leave Granny there if he does well in the interim)

It certainly is great to have enough depth now to offer different options to Green

Gaudette will stay in an offensive role, with Sutter filling Beagle's spot.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gaudette will stay in an offensive role, with Sutter filling Beagle's spot.  

That Roussell Sutter Virtanen line will be a tough line to play against. I like it a lot.

Nucks think Gaud is a 200' gamer with top 6 offence, so he gets to prove himself in Petey's spot.  No pressure though Adam.:o

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Googlie said:

While I love Bo's game I don't see him as the guy going up against the top line.  That also always puts Brock out there against the best offensive lines in the league.  We have two other specific guys for that.  

Put them out against the first line in the offensive zone sure. 

I would generally stick to Sutter out against the top lines especially with how well Jake is playing and Roussel continuing to get into game shape.  Why have these guys and not use them in that role.

I think we may be over rating him presently.  I believe he has a future as a Canuck but right now he needs to get stronger and become a more effective skater.  He needs to take a page from Bo's Training manual. :)