The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

34 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Anyone notice that Gaudette (170lb) is actually listed as lighter than Pettersson (176lb). Are these stats accurate?

I seem to recall that he bulked up this summer and might be heavier than that now. But yeah, he's quite slight himself as well. I wouldn't put him over 190 as guess.

HockeyDB and EliteProspects have him at 183lbs. Additionally, he's an inch shorter than Pettersson, so it ends up being more average.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Needs AHL time.  He plays with good energy but he plays a sporadic game just simply needs more time.  I also see him more as a winger long term

If Pettersson and Bo become our 1-2 punch down the middle, I see him playing wing.

Edited by J-23

6 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Anyone notice that Gaudette (170lb) is actually listed as lighter than Pettersson (176lb). Are these stats accurate?

On the AHL website he is listed at 183 for 6'1.  He never played in the AHL before this season and normally it's the Comets that provide those numbers.  

170 is the weight they had him at when he played those 5 games at the end of last season - Canucks probably haven't updated the numbers.

Pettersson's figures are probably accurate.  On the training camp roster they have the weight of players from the previous season - i.e. before physical testing.  The weight of most players have been adjusted since.  Pettersson was at 172 - now 176.  Horvat was 223 and now 215.   Boeser was 191 and now 208.

Edited by mll

12 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

He said at camp that he's about 190.

18 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Gaudette looks so good so often, but never puts up points. Is he just the most unlucky guy in the world or is he doing something wrong?

He has a lot more skill than most realize, he'll be fine.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

So it turns out that through four games (excluding the Vegas game), Gaudette was leading the Canucks in both Corsi and Fenwick by quite a large margin.

He's also leading the team in Penalties Drawn per minute all while not taking a single penalty himself.

Gaudette is showing a lot of positive signs... I just hope he scores before not too much longer or he may start to think too much.

He needs a bit of puck luck but he is doing all the right things.

I just hope he breaks the goose egg before not too much longer.

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

Does Adam go back to Utica when EP40 comes back?

Once EP comes back I'd like to see Gaudette drop down and play an energy role with Schaller and Granlund.  Love Granny, but he is terrible in the faceoff dot, but is probably one of our stronger defensive players, so still need him around.  Still a role for Gaudette, and maybe start giving him some more key faceoffs, Sutter is starting to look tired a lot having to pick up Beagle's slack since the injury.

On 25/10/2018 at 12:01 AM, -AJ- said:

So it turns out that through four games (excluding the Vegas game), Gaudette was leading the Canucks in both Corsi and Fenwick by quite a large margin.

He's also leading the team in Penalties Drawn per minute all while not taking a single penalty himself.

I just checked in to the thread to chip in my 2 bits about Guadette's play and you'd already said most of what I was going to say much more succinctly.  He's been doing all of the little things right.  Every shift he's working hard and making good plays.  I feel he's a player on the verge of a breakout in the imminent future.  All it's going to take is a bit of confidence and the apple in the last game should help with that.  Next on the list is to get that first goal.

Gaudette has shown himself to be a responsible two way center.  He can both make plays and shoot.  It's just a matter of time before his skills translate to goals and assists.  He plays a much harder game than his size would indicate and pressures the opposition in to coughing up the puck pretty regularly.

• Like 1

Solid 2 way player whose ceiling has not been touched,  I can see his skating getting better and amplifying his full game.

Not afraid to be physical either, willing to be the first man in to pin..  next year look for more special team play from Adam, he has the smarts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1