The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Do you believe in HECCW (HEC)?  Think I screwed up dumping it because it hit my stop loss.  Man up 7% AH, its just been on a slow drop for me, I cut bait earlier today but feel that may be a bad decision.  

Thank god STPK is still doing well for me.  One of my few winners lately. 

Your stop loss is quite high looking at HEC's chart, what made you choose that stop loss? 

HEC fell along with the rest of the SPAC sector during a correction. 

HEC has a higher stock inflow than outflow (buying outpaces selling) during the slow bleed

HEC has had 4 institutional buys in Feb (no sells) totalling over 3,000,000 shares after none since August: https://sec.report/Ticker/HEC

They are merging with Talkspace, the biggest virtual mental health provider. Trading at only half to a third of the value given to its competitors, like TDOC. 

It seems like a good value buy here for at least 30-40% gains over the short-term, depending on when it catches. 

Edited by Duodenum

On 2/13/2021 at 1:15 PM, nuckin_futz said:

This is the problem with busting all the shorts. You saw it with GME, AMC all the marijuana plays etc. When all the shorts are all destroyed there is no one bidding when the stock collapses and the longs get destroyed. I don't get the hatred for short sellers. They provide a valuable service and provide balance to markets. On those big red days who do people think is on the bid slowing the fall?

As for the market as a whole the put/call ratio is around a 30 year low. If this market really started coming down there would be few bids to hit.

Can you explain the put-call parity theorem and the Black-Scholes model?:P

I go for the "flip the coin and call it head or tails method".:ph34r:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Your stop loss is quite high looking at HEC's chart, what made you choose that stop loss? 

HEC fell along with the rest of the SPAC sector during a correction. 

HEC has a higher stock inflow than outflow (buying outpaces selling) during the slow bleed

HEC has had 4 institutional buys in Feb (no sells) totalling over 3,000,000 shares after none since August: https://sec.report/Ticker/HEC

They are merging with Talkspace, the biggest virtual mental health provider. Trading at only half to a third of the value given to its competitors, like TDOC. 

It seems like a good value buy here for at least 30-40% gains over the short-term, depending on when it catches. 

I generally set stops 15% below my buy price just so I don't sink to far (had a few 40%+ that really bit me and didn't recover for ages). I had bought HECCW and it hit that loss market after a couple weeks of more red than green. 

53 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Locked in profits with CCIV this morning. I'm letting the profits ride

Thinking of doing the same.  Bought last week in 30s so up 85%, would offset some of my recent losses with CLOV and IDEX. 

Thinking of getting more into ETFs, anyone got any preferred ones you feel are good for the future?  I know theres the basic JMOM that gets like 10% a year, etc. 

Edited by Russ

16 hours ago, Russ said:

I generally set stops 15% below my buy price just so I don't sink to far (had a few 40%+ that really bit me and didn't recover for ages). I had bought HECCW and it hit that loss market after a couple weeks of more red than green. 

image.thumb.png.274a3414b5e08c83aaef6c5b872a7ee1.png

This is HEC's chart. It had bounced off the 100 EMA twice already in the past month which is why I added here on the 3rd pullback. 

It's also an SPAC with a $10 strike price so it's not really gonna fall much below that at worst before merger, worst I've seen is $9.50. 

If you added via the chart, your entry should've been around $11.00-$11.15. If you use a 15% stop loss, then your stop loss would be set around 9.45. 

When you find a stock you like, try to add at a strong support area. Red days will happen and the stock will eventually touch that area again. If it doesn't, no biggie, don't buy in. 

Helps to limit unnecessary losses, which I feel hurt portfolios more than missing out on gains. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

This morning: Meh, 4th red day in the market, will check in to see how red I finish the day

This afternoon: Holy cr*p what a green day!

made almost 5k today....kinda did a lil dance.  two days has been a damned fine series of days for me

TMTS Warrants.. Currently trading at $1.37 which is very cheap for a 250M spac. It's the management team that brought Fisker to the market.

I'm not sure why I'm mentioning it now because I'm not done loading but yeah.. She's looking real good..

S-1 - https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1822553/000121390020028707/fs12020_spartacusacquisition.htm#T9

Yahoo Link - https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/TMTSW?p=TMTSW

I put an order in for 10,000 @ $1.30 but it took off shortly after. Was only able to fill 2610 warrants. Still looking to add at least another 2390 because I'm a freak for even numbers..

Edit: They're searching for TMT companies.

Edited by AriGold2.0
  • Cheers 2