The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you jumping off the Band Wagon? (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

Are you a band wagoner?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The main issue for me is that we are clearly at Point Rebuild and have been for a while, yet management keep telling us we can win now. It's just going to draw it out. Embrace 2/3 years of really sucking and turn the franchise around or it's going to be 10 years of picking 7-9 overall and hoping to land the player that will get us going again.

I'm never off the bandwagon, it's just that I would like to continually see things done right. I want Benning and Linden to continue 'making hard decisions' like they said they would. Having vet stiffs on the ice instead of youngsters like Gaunce, Grenier or Pedan is NOT making the hard decisions.

I will continue to watch, if only just to see how bad things get.

10 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I hate band wagoner's. Those "FANS" that will not watch their team, if they are loosing or not competitive.........

I don't care if you whine, suggest trades, call out a player or coach, but I absolutely hate those "FANS" that stop going to the games, even though they have tickets, will turn off the TV or change the channel or even threaten to stop watching....it is all the same

Are you a band-wagoner?

Be Honest!

With all the lockouts, the NHL and the owners have made it perfectly clear, it's not personal, it's just business. 

I liken supporting a team to supporting any other business. 

Take your favourite restaurant for example, you love it because the food, atmosphere and service is awesome. Then, down the road they decide to up the prices 30%, treat you like crap and serve below average food...would you still support them, or would you spend you money/time elsewhere? 

That's what is happening to the Canucks. The product sucks. The cost of tickets is up. And management continues to boost/lie to its customers about where this time is (hint, it's a rebuild and there will be pain). 

Personally, I don't like being lied to and fed crappy, over-priced hockey...I'll follow the team, but on most night's I have better things to do in a lot of cases, better hockey to watch. 

32 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Never been on the bandwagon. Bandwagons are for the fickle.
I keep cheering no matter what.

Sure we keep cheering. My question is what a 'bad wagon' is? I like to think I am realistic. This roster is not playoff competitive let alone CUP competitive. As a fan I focus more on the young players to watch their development. In the Philly game I saw lots of effort on that front, especially Horvat, Hutton, Markstrom and Baer.

Another aspect of the Canucks I watch with interest are the moves Benning makes and development in Utica.

There is still lots to see in the Canucks but cheering as if this club will be a short term winner is naïve.

Doh I answered the question wrong I answered No, I'm not jumping off the band wagon then read it again. So one of the no's should be a yes I will always support them. Hockey teams are like pheonix's they need to die so they can rise again from the ashes. The Canucks are dieing right now and in a few years they will rise again.

Not a bandwagon fan, but I don't blame the ones who are.  Not much fun watching bad hockey and losing lots of games.  It will probably get worse before it gets any better. 

I feel for the injured guys (Hamhuis/Sutter) and the players that put their hearts into the game and continue to play hard regardless of the outcome.  I will always cheer for those guys, as well as the youngins.

Never was on it, will always watch and follow the team. Also realistic to know that teams naturally have high points and low points and they come and go. Its just we reached our high peak in 2011, and we are now entering the lows. Just ride it out and be grateful we still have a team and are not Nordique fans.

Now, the people that really grind my gears are the ones that you know don't really follow the team, yet they try to be a smartass and make remarks like they know all that's going on with the team, and you just want to punch them in the face.

Basically everyone that posts Canucks related sHiit on FB.

Archived