The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Does anyone know what the lines are going to be in Utica?

I hope Baertschi and Conacher are on the same line.

Hmm idk...

I believe they both play the same position so I don't think we'll see them together at even strength. Conacher is listed as a C on HockeyDB but the Comets site lists him as a LW.

Here are the forwards (at their respective positions) as listed on the Comets' roster page on their website. I've ordered them in what I assume the depth chart to be:

LEFT WING

Conacher

Baertschi

Shinkaruk

Gaunce

Archibald

Zalewski

CENTRE

O'Reilly

Friesen

Acton

Hamilton

RIGHT WING

DeFazio

Jensen

Grenier

Bancks

Kennedy

They have good depth on LW (assuming people aren't on their off-wings) so Conacher could potentially go back to C to balance out the offense.

I think it's a good bet that Baertschi and/or Conacher will play on the top PP unit as well.

Hmm idk...

I don't mean to come off as an ass-hat but what was the point of this post?

Here are the forwards (at their respective positions) as listed on the Comets' roster page on their website. I've ordered them in what I assume the depth chart to be:

LEFT WING

Conacher

Baertschi

Shinkaruk

Gaunce

Archibald

Zalewski

CENTRE

O'Reilly

Friesen

Acton

Hamilton

RIGHT WING

DeFazio

Jensen

Grenier

Bancks

Kennedy

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/depthchart.php?Van

it's usually pretty close and they change it around accordingly

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

Is Baertchi considered a " top prospect "

He is a step up on Jensen. Same draft, higher pick, more NHL games, better NHL production, better AHL production.

The shine has worn off his star. He was super hyped-up (more than say Virtanen or Horvat) after being drafted. I would consider him "A" top prospect, but not "The" top prospect.

http://flamesnation.ca/2015/3/3/when-did-the-flames-go-wrong-with-sven-baertschi

Edited by canucklehead44

Guest Dasein

He is a step up on Jensen. Same draft, higher pick, more NHL games, better NHL production, better AHL production.

The shine has worn off his star. He was super hyped-up (more than say Virtanen or Horvat) after being drafted. I would consider him "A" top prospect, but not "The" top prospect.

http://flamesnation.ca/2015/3/3/when-did-the-flames-go-wrong-with-sven-baertschi

Well of course.. Sven absolutely tore it up in juniors and had that emergency call-up stint

Baertschi's jr numbers >> McCanns

He was pretty much the best player in jr the year after his draft... Even Benning said so.

until McCann plays in the AHL and NHL I rate Sven higher, but not by a lot.

I'm about 95% confident he's not going to bust here. We have 2 of the best coaches for young guys.

McCann can play defense....