The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

I think it's more of a "grass is greener" mentality.

That, along with the delusion that being obnoxiously negative about various members of the Canucks organization, on a Canucks fan website, makes them seem cool, clever and knowledgeable.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Ridiculous, impatient and infantile. 

And one (more) of them just put me on ignore. Oh, the horror. Whatever will I do? Lol.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

I like Juolevi. I think he's gonna be a really good player for us in this league. 

Taking Juolevi, is looking long term, simply because dman take so much longer to develop, and play a mature game. I didn't mind the pick, I love it in fact. He might not be an offensive player like a Drew Doughty, but c'mon, not a lot of dman are like Doughty. He's a generational dman. Juolevi is going to be very good. Might not be elite, but that's ok. We gotta begin to build somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

It's hockey day and i'm a couple beers in already so thought i'd chime in on OJ.

Like many others, i wanted Tkachuk at the draft as I thought he was a slam dunk and was exactly what this team lacked and has been lacking for years..... a gritty top 6 fwd who can piss off the other team and fill the net.

Although OJ wasn't the guy I would've gone with, there's a lot to like about the kid.  I think if you are taking a D high in the draft, they have to think the game well above all else... which is OJ's #1 strength.  The offence and physicality can come with maturity but if you don't have that high IQ to start with, you won't know how to use those tools to your best potential.  He's a competitor and a proven winner, and with a lot of hard work down the road, there's a great chance for this kid to be our #1 for years.  We all see what Tkachuk is doing now and want that instant gratification, but I hope we stay patient with him and allow him to grow into the player he can be.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, J.R. said:

The irony hasn't escaped me :lol: Sure does seem to escape them though...

Yeah, a lot of posters seem to be completely oblivious towards their own contradictions. Like the clown who is "happy" that we have OJ, but feels that JB was "dumb" to pick him.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, J.R. said:

Both really.

People can't seem to wait for players to develop and assume that more nhl ready players automatically equal 'better'.  

Or that more rebuilt teams have 'better' prospect pools. Well sure, they've been rebuilding twice as long + as we have. How much 'better' was their prospect pool 3 years in to their rebuild though? 

It's as though almost nobody can consider context or critically think anymore. And those of us who do get slammed for 'making excuses' and being 'Homers'.

Ridiculous, impatient and infantile. 

Its exactly what's been said over the last couple of years to the 'blow it up' squad... most don't have the stomach for the time it takes to rebuild a team.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Lots of clamoring for instant gratification in the 'we support rebuilding' crowd, it seems.

If it wasn't so ironic it would piss me off.  There are posters here who have sadly forgotten that teams are not just magically remade from one season to the next.  It takes years to get returns on prospects.  

They see a few players make an earlier impact and think the race is over and we lost somehow. They are watching the sprint at the start of a marathon and picking winners and losers.

EW

2 assists for Juolevi today in a 4-1 win. Brings him to 45gp 8g 29a 37pts. He should surpass point totals from last year which should even make Tkachuk lovers happy. Just imagine how many points he would have if the god Tkachuk was still with London ;)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ohmy said:

2 assists for Juolevi today in a 4-1 win. Brings him to 45gp 8g 29a 37pts. He should surpass point totals from last year which should even make Tkachuk lovers happy. Just imagine how many points he would have if the god Tkachuk was still with London ;)

NO! NOT GOOOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ohmy said:

You can bash Tkachuk all you want. He's a good player putting up points in the NHL though.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You can bash Tkachuk all you want. He's a good player putting up points in the NHL though.

Oh don't be crabby I'm joking around. I also didn't say anything negative about Tkachuk so take it easy. He's a productive player for sure but I'm of the opinion that over the long run that Juolevi was the right choice. If anything I'm poking fun at how over the moon people are with Tkachuk. You never used to be this touchy Deniro.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nobody 'bashed' MT Bob. He is a good player.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:18 AM, J.R. said:

People can't seem to wait for players to develop and assume that more nhl ready players automatically equal 'better'.