The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, Fred65 said:

The best D that year ( 2016)was Sergachev &  McAvoy with Chychrun  a close third

Show me one pre draft list that eve had McAvoy in the conversation for top d man in that draft.  Chychrun was the early favourite, then OJ took over with Serge surging into the conversation when Chychrun fell. 

McAvoy was a runner up at best.  Looks like Sweeny did well but no one saw McAvoy as the best guy other than maybe McAvoy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

No. Juolevi was ranked ahead of all or some of those three in most draft projections.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2016-draft/nhl-draft-rankings/

From all those projections placed in the month of June (10 reports).  Joulevi was only ranked the first D in 4 reports. Sergachev was also ranked first in 4 D in 4 reports.  So he wasn’t ranked ahead of all three. 

it really was a toss up between the two. Oilers had stated post draft that had pool party not dropped they were taking Sergachev at #4.  Which meant canucks would have landed Dubois. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

From all those projections placed in the month of June (10 reports).  Joulevi was only ranked the first D in 4 reports. Sergachev was also ranked first in 4 D in 4 reports.  So he wasn’t ranked ahead of all three. 

it really was a toss up between the two. Oilers had stated post draft that had pool party not dropped they were taking Sergachev at #4.  Which meant canucks would have landed Dubois. 

"all or some" was the quote

I wonder if the Oilers would've ruined Serg and Poolparty would be thriving in Columbus right now haha

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

I wonder if the Oilers would've ruined Serg and Poolparty would be thriving in Columbus right now haha

Yup.  Sergachev got/gets to play with Hedmann.  In Coilerville Serg is back in Russia now.  

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

Haha they probably would have brought him on as a 18 old and ruined his confidence. perhaps the also don’t move hall for a D either though. 

I also wonder if canucks would have taken petey had we drafted our center need in Dubois. 

• Upvote 1

I see he picked up another point last night and was +2.

If this kid can eventually step into a top 4 as a solid D with slick transition skills, and any combo of Woo, Podz, Lind, Madden hit how good do we look for the next 5 - 7 years....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I think the timing is just about right, he will replace Edler and be our next "steady" dman for years to come. The fact he may get some call ups before Edler retires and gets to rub shoulders with him is a big deal too. 

I still find it funny how under valued he is around here, and this is coming from someone who at draft day wanted MT

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1