The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 minute ago, Specz said:

Plays 1 pre-season game and is injured now with a bone bruise that is week to week. May not even start the season healthy anymore. God, I really think it's time to go Louie. :(

Maybe that week to week bone bruise can turn into a forced early retirement a la Zetterberg.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, SilentSam said:

Hate to sound like my old man,.  

But plain and simple, Eriksson needs a haircut,.  Something military type, that has his lid tightening up 2 sizes, and doesn’t make him look like he is balancing a helmet on his head when he skates.

His bobble head look has him playing like one.    If you want to get serious about what you are doing, possess the look and the stature follows.

No more clowns allowed on this team.

Listen ya, hippy! Get a goddamn razor and cut that hair, understand? Your mop top is way outta line, ya vagrant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Listen ya, hippy! Get a goddamn razor and cut that hair, understand? Your mop top is way outta line, ya vagrant!

Phil!  I see he did get the hair cut!

... but took a puck on his butt from a point shot..  probably LT Injury now. 

Eriksson just hasn't performed like a $6 million man, in fact, hasn't performed like a $3 million man. I'm wondering if Benning will be able to trade him and his contract. He still has 4 years remaining?

Bobby Ryan also has the same term remaining, earning $1.5/yr more than Eriksson, but he's 2 years younger than Loui. Still, they're both in their 30s.

Maybe a change of scenery for both players would be beneficial? Perhaps OTT could throw in some extra, seeing as were taking Ryan's bigger contract off their hands. Loui could perhaps provide some leadership on a team that lacks leaders (especially with Karlsson gone).

EDIT - you know what? I'm actually not sure this is a good idea lol. I forgot the Canucks will eventually have to pay Brock and Elias etc., and it would suck to have Ryan's contract taking up extra cap space. I'm not sure if they would have the available $ down the road.

Edited by NUCKER67

Well we have an one albatross contract, he can be waived now as his NMC has expired. Two

more years of NTC. Maybe a bit of time in Utica can inspire him to either put in some effort or quit (IE, be injured for the rest of his contract.). 

He does play responsible hockey at least and Green has his work cut out getting the teams money out of Loui. 

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Eriksson just hasn't performed like a $6 million man, in fact, hasn't performed like a $3 million man. I'm wondering if Benning will be able to trade him and his contract. He still has 4 years remaining?

Bobby Ryan also has the same term remaining, earning $1.5/yr more than Eriksson, but he's 2 years younger than Loui. Still, they're both in their 30s.

Maybe a change of scenery for both players would be beneficial? Perhaps OTT could throw in some extra, seeing as were taking Ryan's bigger contract off their hands. Loui could perhaps provide some leadership on a team that lacks leaders (especially with Karlsson gone).

EDIT - you know what? I'm actually not sure this is a good idea lol. I forgot the Canucks will eventually have to pay Brock and Elias etc., and it would suck to have Ryan's contract taking up extra cap space. I'm not sure if they would have the available $ down the road.

I would argue last year Eriksson played worth about $3.5-$4M. With 31 teams and 6 top six forwards per team, the 186th forward in points-per-game is in a sense the worst top six forward in the league when it comes to offense. Last year, Eriksson was 187th, making him right on the edge of top 6 in terms of offense. There were six other forwards with the same points-per-game as Eriksson as follows (along with their cap hits):

Patrik Berglund: $3.85M

Andreas Athanasiou: $3M

Jesper Fast: $1.85M

Nick Foligno: $5.5M

Marian Gaborik: $4.875M

Adrian Kempe: $894K (ELC)

The average cap hit of these six players is $3.33M per year and if you exclude Kempe's ELC (since ELCs are limited in terms of money), the average is $3.815M. 

Add on top of that the experience and defensive game that Eriksson brings and I think a valid argument could be made that Eriksson last year was worth about $4M. In his first year, he was probably closer to $2M or so.

He looked far too slow in the preseason, even with Bo Horvat, in fact even dragged Bo down because of his lack of speed and jump in his game.

Game is just too quick for Loui and he doesn't have enough fire in the belly to do much.  He looks complacent as a player, as if he has already packed it in and collecting a paycheck.  Zero urgency in his game, and it shows as he often looks very disinterested and uninvested in the play.

IMO regardless if he is healthy or not, I'd just suck it up and waive him and let him finish his career in Utica if he reports.  Too many younger, faster, cheaper, and more skilled players are already chomping at the bit to make the team that could do equally the same job as Loui.  I rather have Brendan Leipsic and Tyler Motte over Loui Eriksson. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He looked far too slow in the preseason, even with Bo Horvat, in fact even dragged Bo down because of his lack of speed and jump in his game.

Game is just too quick for Loui and he doesn't have enough fire in the belly to do much.  He looks complacent as a player, as if he has already packed it in and collecting a paycheck.  Zero urgency in his game, and it shows as he often looks very disinterested and uninvested in the play.

IMO regardless if he is healthy or not, I'd just suck it up and waive him and let him finish his career in Utica if he reports.  Too many younger, faster, cheaper, and more skilled players are already chomping at the bit to make the team that could do equally the same job as Loui.  I rather have Brendan Leipsic and Tyler Motte over Loui Eriksson. 

I was hoping for a trade with LE and Gagner if they could get some games in this fall. It would require a hard decision by management to send some youth to Utica so that they could play them enough to garner some interest. JB could retain some CAP in LE's case. I can see Gaunce and Granland possibly in the same situation. I still think Granny is a 2/3rd line option. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

There'd be trade interest, just won't be much return value.  Someone will take a chance on a guy who scored 30 just two seasons ago and plays a solid 2-way game.

Especially if their system isn't wired for speed. 

He's not the Eriksson we were all expecting, unfortunately. 

I do put a lot of hope and belief into Eriksson's total lack of interest and intensity in the preseason as just that- preseason. 

Like when have you ever really seen established vets go all out in preseason? Even when they're playing in China it's still preseason. 

I really hope we ditch this guy though and I don't care how. Motte and Leipsic are definitely making strong cases for starting jobs.

We're lucky Eriksson got a bit banged up. 

Eriksson frustrated me in this one pre-season game we saw, only because I still think he's criminally underrated, but in that one game, he looked like 2016-17 Eriksson again, which would be devastating. Hopefully he doesn't regress like that.