The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sens' F Curtis Lazar To Request Trade

Odd.

31 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

A first? Good luck with that. Maybe in this year's weaker draft, there's a chance somebody bites. I have a hard time seeing it though... A second rounder would be more like it.

Vancouver's 2nd is as good as a low 1st. Letting go of a 2nd for Lazar makes sense. Nothing wrong exchanging a 2nd for a 1st. This loss of a second can be recuperated with a good deadline trade involving 1sts and 2nds.

Only if Benning believes in Lazar does this make sense. 

36 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Vancouver's 2nd is as good as a low 1st. Letting go of a 2nd for Lazar makes sense. Nothing wrong exchanging a 2nd for a 1st. This loss of a second can be recuperated with a good deadline trade involving 1sts and 2nds.

Only if Benning believes in Lazar does this make sense. 

I trust Benning's drafting abilities over a player who is already on the bust trajectory.

Lazar isn't very good. There's a reason he's been scratched four straight games. It's crazy how many people want to trade a high draft pick for him. Reminds me of how Ottawa was scratching Cowen every game and everybody on these boards went crazy and wanted to trade for a guy thats not very good. If you really want Lazar wait a year or two and pick him up for free on waivers.

1 minute ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I trust Benning's drafting abilities over a player who is already on the bust trajectory.

^This.

Not to mention trading a 2nd for a player who needs to be protected in the expansion draft. Would you take a risk on Lazar over protecting Granlund or Baertschi? I sure wouldn't. :sadno:

I would absolutely start the conversation with Ottawa about Lazar.  We have some assets to use in the swap, and Lazar is a very talented player.  He is a gritty, goal scoring center who's value is at the lowest it will be.  I have no idea what the price would be, but it is certainly worth a conversation. 

I would love to nab him  but let's not forget that he would need to be protected in the expansion draft. We already have some good players we have to expose this would make benning make more difficult decisions.

Would like too involve Subban in the trade if we could. 

At CL's current rate, I would only offer a 3rd or have him added to package for another key player.  

He is waiver eligible and is still a project player with the max upside of a Top 9 two way winger. 

Better to wait until he gets offered up on waivers rather than use an asset to get him. He likely gets waived off Ott's roster next season if LV doesn't take him. 

EW

9 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Cassels for Lazar and nothing more. Lazar is possibly the most overrated prospect of the past 5 years. Never liked him, also has a very punchable face.  

He's a 17th overall pick. He was rated just fine.

And also, Nail Yakupov

9 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Cassels for Lazar and nothing more. Lazar is possibly the most overrated prospect of the past 5 years. Never liked him, also has a very punchable face.  

Ya, gotta hate those people who are always happy and smiling. :o

TBH he is too slow for the NHL. 

Archived