The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Think JB and TL will draft BT over AB? Would FA even let that happen? D is a priority but I wouldn't pass on SA or FZ.

Obviously I'm hoping for RD, but AS would be great as well. If JB ends up picking in around 4th or 5th, AB, FZ, or BT would be my picks. BW and RM would also be great. If we land 4th or 5th and somehow get another mid rd 1st, I'd love to nab FZ or BT and RM with our two picks. Those guys should really compliment BH, BB, EP, AG AND OJ quite well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Obviously I'm hoping for RD, but AS would be great as well. If JB ends up picking in around 4th or 5th, AB, FZ, or BT would be my picks. BW and RM would also be great. If we land 4th or 5th and somehow get another mid rd 1st, I'd love to nab FZ or BT and RM with our two picks. Those guys should really compliment BH, BB, EP, AG AND OJ quite well.

You are going to have to factor in nd

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Nice work using initials. Otherwise your asking questions that no one has the answers to. Our drafting is about as predictable as the Vancouver weather. 

As with most teams. Our drafting has more to do with how many high picks we gave away.

7 hours ago, stawns said:

I agree that they need dmen, but in the top 10, my preference is always with a fwd, especially in the top 5.  Dmen are too hard to nail down at draft age and outstanding dmen can come from later picks.  Picks 4-6 I would prefer Tkachuk, but wouldn't cry at Boqvist, I think he's going to be a rock solid dman.

To some truth, forwards are more predictable?  Tell that to those who drafted Michael Dal Colle, Yakupov and others. 

Guys like Hanifin, Sergachev, Provorov, Werenski, Chychrun, Hampus Lindholm, Doughty a few years ago have all stood up quickly to being highly worthy of their top 10 selection. Mase their teams better almost right away. The key is composure with the puck at pace.  That seems the most important barometer of whether your game will translate?

Plus the athletic attributes of explosive stride, strength, endurance, balance that make you stand out from other athletes.

Put that in place & their should be no reason to look past a D? In many case, the D should be selected BPA forward who scores, but cannot outduel guys one on one with their athletic prowess... 

10 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I agree that people are stretching the phrase, but are you honestly saying that McDavid is in the came conversation as Gretzky at this juncture? Especially considering the season that EDM is currently having?

Obviously early at this point but he's definitely he has potential to be one among the all-time greats by the end of his career. I absolutely despise the Oilers so I kind of hope he won't be, unless he gets traded, but I won't deny that he will likely be up there.

Vaxjo certainly loaded up for the rest of the season. I'm surprised they didn't get anyone else for the CHL final, but that seemed more like a blip than anything else.

I think it's still better for Pettersson to play wing right now. He'll have more opportunities to develop his skill, and can work on his 2 way game in the middle of the ice later.

19 hours ago, cory40 said:

McDavid has the potential to be a generational player but is developing the same way Edmonton has developed all their high picks. McDavid will be a force, but may be trade bait in a year if he doesn't progress. Esp with a 12 mill contract.

:picard:

McDavid is generational.

McDavid is not trade bait in a year. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

:picard:

McDavid is generational.

McDavid is not trade bait in a year. 

If McDavid gets 95 pts this year and 95 next year. He is totally overpaid and he is trade bait because they still won't be in the play-offs. But it is my opinion, and The Oilers said that about Taylor Hall and all the other prospects on OTHER TEams.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, cory40 said:

If McDavid gets 95 pts this year and 95 next year. He is totally overpaid and he is trade bait because they still won't be in the play-offs. But it is my opinion, and The Oilers said that about Taylor Hall and all the other prospects on OTHER TEams.

I would never discount any player being traded. I mean the greatest of all time was! But to think McDavid gets traded is crazy. Theres not a chance in hell considering he is all Edmonton really has right now.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dura_mater said:

Sorry but you're delusional if you think McDavid is trade bait.  

Well when you understand hockey a little better. you will understand that when players are over paid they affect the whole team. And I feel they so over paid McDavid they will realize they can't compete with a team with two 6 million dollar forwards maybe 7 million. And they will look at moving Mcdavid only because of the contract he signed and not because of how good McDavid is. Kind a like the untouchable Eric Karlson out of Ottawa. Oh wait he is now on the trade board. Anyways it depends on the Oilers season next year. And I do believe Leon Draisaitl is possible bait already. Imagine a good young over paid prospect or player coming out of Edmonton. I have been a Oilers fan too long to not see the writing on the wall based all on poor management. Had they paid McDavid 8 mill it works. 9mill would be stretching it . but 12 million they will learn very quickly he is not a 12 million dollar man.

• Upvote 1