The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks call up Anton Rodin from Utica

Adarsh Sant

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

so if they send Rodin back down he can be claimed?

No.

Rodin has already cleared waivers this season.

Rodin can spend 10 games or 1 calendar month up without requiring waivers - after those thresholds he would need to be waived again to be assigned to Utica.

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Canucks can't have nice things.

Just when we are on a roll, two of our most dynamic players out, Stecher and Boeser. I hope its not too serious for Brock.

I would say stetch has settled into the 4/5 role

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Why?   Rodin has simply played better as was very evident this past weekend.   While Boucher and Goldobin played well in the offensive zone, their play without the puck and in the Dzone is still not at NHL level whilst Rodin was flying all over the rink in all zones and was clearly a more polished player.   Goldobin is not without eyes and a brain and will understand what he has to work on - if not concentrating on his own areas to improve and learning from those who get promoted in front of him, he would be a player that no organization would want as he would have no growth potential.

If Goldobin is the professional that I would think he is (as most guys are that get that far in professional hockey), it will only serve to stoke the fire even further to pursue those areas where he still needs to improve.

Lol I'm having a hard time having any opinion on Rodin's play, it's not like his 9 games in the past two years paint a complete pictures of quality of play of Rodin.    We've been complaining the past 5 years because we were playing responsable, two-way or polished players like Higgins, Megna, Matthias, Richardson, etc., instead of our young prospect and now we do the same with Rodin.  I know he supposedly has more talent than these guys, there is no evidence yet that his game will translate to the NHL, I guess we will see.

With that said, i'm not against leaving Goldobin down, as it won't help much bringing him up to play on the bench or pressbox.  I'm just saying I, personnally, would be mad, being the leading scorer of the AHL and having Megna  and Rodin up first.    I'd rather Goldy continue toring up the AHL for 30-40 games and then bringing him up.  It wouldn't hurt either for Rodin to play more AHL games since the guy hasn't played any sustained hockey in 2 years.   To me this is more evidence to my pre-season prediction of Rodin bolting to Sweden if he wasn't with the Canucks.  My guess is the Canucks feels pressure to have him up, after he took the rust out in the AHL for a few games. 

Anyways, can't wait to finally see what Rodin is all about.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

He has no reason to be.

Rodin plays a far more polished game, and was the MVP of the SHL. He was signed to potentially be a regular with the Canucks.

Goldobin  can wait for his opportunity. If he really wants to be an NHLer he'll have to be patient.

Jeez, how long is he going to milk that cow?  Been 2 years and played 9 games since.    I don't think Goldobin cares about what Rodin has done in the past and what he was signed for.  He already took the demotion hard in training camp, and now Megan and Rodin coming up before him, while he's the leading scorer...I would be livid too.   Hopefully that lites a fire in him and tores it up even more in the AHL and forcing the Canucks to bring him up.

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

Lol I'm having a hard time having any opinion on Rodin's play, it's not like his 9 games in the past two years paint a complete pictures of quality of play of Rodin.    We've been complaining the past 5 years because we were playing responsable, two-way or polished players like Higgins, Megna, Matthias, Richardson, etc., instead of our young prospect and now we do the same with Rodin.  I know he supposedly has more talent than these guys, there is no evidence yet that his game will translate to the NHL, I guess we will see.

I was speaking about this past weekend.   If you watched the play, you would have seen Rodin was flying out there.

32 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

With that said, i'm not against leaving Goldobin down, as it won't help much bringing him up to play on the bench or pressbox.  I'm just saying I, personnally, would be mad, being the leading scorer of the AHL and having Megna  and Rodin up first.    I'd rather Goldy continue toring up the AHL for 30-40 games and then bringing him up.  It wouldn't hurt either for Rodin to play more AHL games since the guy hasn't played any sustained hockey in 2 years.   To me this is more evidence to my pre-season prediction of Rodin bolting to Sweden if he wasn't with the Canucks.  My guess is the Canucks feels pressure to have him up, after he took the rust out in the AHL for a few games. 

Anyways, can't wait to finally see what Rodin is all about.

Jeez, how long is he going to milk that cow?  Been 2 years and played 9 games since.    I don't think Goldobin cares about what Rodin has done in the past and what he was signed for.  He already took the demotion hard in training camp, and now Megan and Rodin coming up before him, while he's the leading scorer...I would be livid too.   Hopefully that lites a fire in him and tores it up even more in the AHL and forcing the Canucks to bring him up.

And what has Goldobin accomplished that means he deserves a call up?

He's had a good start in the minors but that's a pretty small sample size.

Again there's more to him not getting called up than points. Green doesn't want players unless they know how to play the right way.

Meh. He's not playing tonight anyways. Would make sense to give him a shot in Boesers spot but I'm not expecting much from Rodin anymore. Come to think of it, I really don't understand why they sat him tonight, it's not like we need to get a gauge on Megan's talent set. Makes way more sense to give Rodin another shot before he takes off to play in an easier league

Archived