The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Woo isnt 21 yet? Wow it seems like hes been with us for a while. But i do remember him as a young 17year old when we drafted him.

i luv this Woo Kid, i like his Bieksa style of Hockey. Plus hes a Righty. 

If hes not fighting for a Canuck roster spot this upcoming season at lest we’ll see him play with the Abby  Canucks.

Woooo !!!

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:29 PM, Googlie said:

I said it elsewhere  - Green is going to pair Woo with Rathbone for a couple of exhibition games to see what he has there, and Woo will stick.  The pair had a great partnership in Utica during Bones' stint there

This!! It will be an interesting camp for sure. Woo has all the tools, and will surprise a lot of people. I can see this combo this year or next on the Nucks for sure.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 12:26 PM, B.C.Renegade69 said:

This!! It will be an interesting camp for sure. Woo has all the tools, and will surprise a lot of people. I can see this combo this year or next on the Nucks for sure.

Man I would love an 11/7 line up with Woo as one of those 8 minute 4th liners. He could be an audible to play D if needs be. ie emergencies. 

Plus we can reduce a need for a useless forward contract. Like Vesey/Michaelis. One's that barely play 8 minutes a game. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Man I would love an 11/7 line up with Woo as one of those 8 minute 4th liners. He could be an audible to play D if needs be. ie emergencies. 

Plus we can reduce a need for a useless forward contract. Like Vesey/Michaelis. One's that barely play 8 minutes a game. 

If that were a seriously considered scenario, then resigning Raffery would be a better option.  He played as a right winger until age 16, when an emergency at high school saw him moving to defence to cover.  Was an instant success, and played there ever since.  His winger experience is what makes him such a good rushing defenceman 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

If that were a seriously considered scenario, then resigning Raffery would be a better option.  He played as a right winger until age 16, when an emergency at high school saw him moving to defence to cover.  Was an instant success, and played there ever since.  His winger experience is what makes him such a good rushing defenceman 

I think Woo would body check harder on the 4th line. Our 4th line always plays miniscule minutes as it is, I think were the right fit for 11/7.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:26 PM, B.C.Renegade69 said:

I don’t see Vancouver running 3 rookie d men for all real purposes in its top six.  

Woo can easily benefit from solid minutes in Abbey and still be available for call ups.  

FA will bring is some older vets that will either be capable of playing RHD or allow Hughes to slide over.  

Hamonic is a real need for us.  Cannot see us having a good season if we bring back the same d corps, without Elder and Hamonic only replaced from within the org chart.  

• Cheers 2

Woo is the second coming of Bieksa for us. He’s exactly what we need on our back end….a snarly, no nonsense RD who can hit like a truck and stick up for his teammates. Can probably add the Superman punch to his game as well. Big LOL at him playing as a forward, especially when our need on the right side of the D is looking so desperate with possibly Hammer and our Elder leaving. 

I wouldn’t have given Woo much of a chance of making the team this year….but with a good showing at camp and the pre-season.. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Can Woo play with both the Big Canucks and the Johnny Canucks without the clearing waivers to go back and forth?

if Woo could get big mins in Abby and Also play some home games with Canucks on the 3 pairing every now and then throughout the season  i think it would be a great start to his becoming an NHLer. 

WooOoo!!!!

From what I saw this season out of Woo included time spent on PK & 2PP.  I would be fine with him in Abby this year but I think he could be one who surprises a lot of people at training camp in September.  Rathbone and Woo were a great pairing.  B)

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 1:11 AM, grandmaster said:

I hope this guy gets some games as an occasional call up to the big club this year. Very curious how he will play. We’ve been holding on to him long enough. Be nice for him to get a chance.

I think he'll get maybe a couple of games in this season, but I expect big things from Woo this year in Abby. I hope he takes a bit more of a leadership role as well

Because he is waiver- exempt, I can't see Rathbone staying with the parent club - it's just too eash to assign him to Abbotsford with no consequences.  Thus I hope that he and Woo can resume their potent partnership of last season. If the chemistry is still there, in a couple of years they could be a fixture in Vancouver as a #2 pairing.

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:11 AM, grandmaster said:

I hope this guy gets some games as an occasional call up to the big club this year. Very curious how he will play. We’ve been holding on to him long enough. Be nice for him to get a chance.

He is likely to be an injury call up but there is no rush as he is still developing. He has only one pro season under his belt so this seems to be pretty normal progression for a second round defender.

• Vintage 1