The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Nurse won't attend Oilers camp without contract

MikeBossy

5 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I could be wrong....but I believe you need to be cap compliant on the 1st day of the season and then after that you can place a player on LTIR and be credited with the additional space if needed.

I believe there are all sorts of twists and turns. Went to CapFriendly and........well it's too much for my little brain. https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

Karlsson rumours about going out west might be true. Edmonton wants a cup with Mcdavid and knows their defence needs an upgrade. 

Nurse Larsson

Klefbom Russell

Benning Bear 

Lowe

To make room for Karlsson they make a deal with Van. 

To Edmonton

Edler 

Karlsson 

Baertchi 

To Vancouver

Nurse

Ryan 

part of elders contract 

To Ottawa 

2019 1st (Edm) 

Ryan Nugent Hopkins 

Erik Gudbranson

Yamamoto 

Nilsson 

New D lines for Edmonton - defence is improved 

Edler Karlsson

Klefbom Larson

Benning Russel 

Lowe Bear 

New lines for Van - Nurse makes our team harder to play against

Our lines after that trade could be something like

Goldobin Horvat Boeser 

Eriksson Pettersson Ryan

Leipsic Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Gagner 

Granlund Schaller

Nurse Stetcher 

Del Zotto Tanev 

Hutton Pouliot 

Biega 

Gudbranson

Demko

6 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Karlsson rumours about going out west might be true. Edmonton wants a cup with Mcdavid and knows their defence needs an upgrade. 

Nurse Larsson

Benning Russell

Lowe Bear 

To Edmonton

Edler 

Karlsson 

Baertchi 

To Vancouver

Nurse

Ryan 

part of elders contract 

To Ottawa 

2019 1st (Edm) 

Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Yamamoto 

Edler Karlsson

Benning Larson

Lowe Russel 

Bear 

New D Lines for Van - Nurse makes our D harder to play against

Nurse Tanev

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Hutton Pouliot 

A trade like this would be awesome to see. Simply just for the logistics factor of all the moving parts!!

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Aren't Horvat and Nurse former teammates?

They scrapped once. More of a tangle than a fight?

But I was impressed that Bo dropped his gloves. Its the only time since junior that I can recall him doing so?  And If you had to score, Bo threw more punches.

46 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I wish. As horrible of a season that Edmonton just had, they're still in win now mode. So they might value a prospect like OJ but they couldn't afford to give up Nurse without a solid replacement coming back.

I would do Tanev + Lind

Or

Gudbranson + Lind  + the golden child AKA Guillaume Brisbois :P

I don't think either deal will be enough though. Chia will probably just pay the man what he's worth and deal with the consequences next year.

No way in hell am I okay with giving up Lind. Lind is going to be a solid player. 

5 hours ago, rekker said:

Should be. Why not? Russell got 4 + million for some stupid reason. 

I'll tell you why russell got that contract. Because that's what you have to do to attract ufas to play in Edmonton. Is there a team in the league that's harder to manage than Edmonton for that reason .   It must be difficult to keep players there .  

11 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'll tell you why russell got that contract. Because that's what you have to do to attract ufas to play in Edmonton. Is there a team in the league that's harder to manage than Edmonton for that reason .   It must be difficult to keep players there .  

True enough. Keep in mind though that Russell is from that area. Still way too much for what Russell brings to the table. Any astute GM could foresee the contracts coming up in his young core and not make a dumb mistake like that. Chia is an incompetent GM. He has shown this over and over. Right time, right place in 2011 for Chia is all I'm willing to give him credit for. 

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

True enough. Keep in mind though that Russell is from that area. Still way too much for what Russell brings to the table. Any astute GM could foresee the contracts coming up in his young core and not make a dumb mistake like that. Chia is an incompetent GM. He has shown this over and over. Right time, right place in 2011 for Chia is all I'm willing to give him credit for. 

I wonder if it matters that much if you are from that area. If your making that kind of money and you have a choice between Edmonton and a number of other NHL cities you probably still choose not to live in Edmonton. (But for an extra million) Keep in mind too that it isn't just a players decision but his wife's also who may not be from around there.   

It seemed chia was the answer to Edmonton problems after lowe and company. But now it looks like more of the same.  

Just like when torts got a ring he is forever dubbed a good coach. There are alot of factors that go into winning a cup. 

Maybe Benning had something to do with the 2011 cup. ???  That would be nice to know 

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Nurse Larsson

Benning Russell

Lowe Bear 

To Edmonton

Edler 

Karlsson 

Baertchi 

To Vancouver

Nurse

Ryan 

part of elders contract 

To Ottawa 

2019 1st (Edm) 

Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Yamamoto 

Edler Karlsson

Benning Larson

Lowe Russel 

Bear 

New D Lines for Van - Nurse makes our D harder to play against

Nurse Tanev

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Hutton Pouliot 

where's Klefbom?

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

They scrapped once. More of a tangle than a fight?

But I was impressed that Bo dropped his gloves. Its the only time since junior that I can recall him doing so?  And If you had to score, Bo threw more punches.

And they ended it like gentlemen. Nurse would be welcome here. 

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Pool party and a 1st, if Karlsson could be locked up part and parcel contract wise in advance.

Would seem like a good deal for all parties IMO?

Karlsson can veto a move to Edm. If I were him, no way I go there.

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

It must be difficult to keep players there .  

51 minutes ago, Dr.BRR said:

I think a huge lure for players, at any stage of their career, would be the opportunity to play with a generational talent like Mcjesus. Compared to Ottawa, I'd be gone in a second.

Compared to Ottawa, absolutely. 

Compared to however many of the 29 other teams that are frothing to grab him, I don't know. McDavid's a huge draw of course, but there are lot of good players out there on teams that are hot messes. Plus you have to factor in spending the prime years of not just your career but your life in Edmonton.

Archived